Calling all Polishing Nutcases! Like Me!

donn_

Flashaholic
Yes, they load up, but they also clean off easily. I just run them against a brass bristle brush for a few seconds.

The colors do represent different grits:

Brown = 36
Green = 50
Yellow = 80
White = 120
Red = 220 (this is the coarsest I've used)
Blue = 400 (I sometimes start here, if the piece isn't too bad)
Pink = Pumice
Peach = 6 micron
Light Green = 1 micron

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This place has the best prices I've found so far:

http://www.progresstool.com/cat_redial.cfm

Otto Frei, and other good jewelry tool joints sell them, but they're more expensive there, and I'm a tightwad.

Yup, I have never seen these Radial Bristle Disks before :confused: but I will soon! ;) There is a jewelry store 2 blocks from my house and obviously the place is a :candle: .... "not so good" jewelry store. :( But I will drop off a few disks and see if it will up there rating a little. :grin2:

donn, thank you very much for all the info and the link for purchasing these disks! :thumbsup:

Ken

houtex

Enlightened
I had to bring this back up. I am a fan of polished lights,though I don't own any yet. i'm working on this one
019.jpg

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, a thread from the cellar!
Here's an old shot of mine for an old thread.
IMG_40152.jpg

Good luck with that SF houtex!

chokker

Newly Enlightened
If I wanted a mirror finish on a stainless steel handgun what would you guys advise.

chokker

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a step by step on what and how to get the metal to shine, anybody.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice picture OP. :thumbsup:

What light is that? :thinking:

Which picture? He has several posted and they all are identified above the pics?
I'm assuming you me Kenster's pics in post #1 or does OP mean something different?

PetaBread

Enlightened
Which picture? He has several posted and they all are identified above the pics?
I'm assuming you me Kenster's pics in post #1 or does OP mean something different?

Oh my bad, :ohgeez:I didn't even see the other pages. I was talking about

Luxlunatic's picture on this 4 page.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem, in that case the light is a McGizmo creation and is either the XR27-PD or XR27-C. PD is the piston drive and C is the clickie switch version, I can't tell from that pic which body is on it.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
If I wanted a mirror finish on a stainless steel handgun what would you guys advise.
Take it to a gun refinisher, someone who has lots of good recomendations. If the guy does not know what he's doing he can really screw it up! Its alot of work but when its done right it looks great. It will kill any collector value....