Can someone check out my home page?

Tomas

Banned
Heheheheh ... You're right, Chris, Times Roman is NOT a very pretty font, but it is widely available and very compact (lots of characters in a slightly smaller space than most other serif fonts - that's why it was developed for newspapers, in fact).

I personally use other serif fonts for most all of my print work (unless I'm really crowded for space or want the "newspaper" look), and don't have Times set as a default for anything on my computers.

Thing is, just about every desktop/laptop/handheld out there in the real world has Times on it, so it's a good one to fall back on when doing something "webby" and needing a serif font.

James, not only does the page look quite nice now, it sounds interesting.
smile.gif

tomsig01.gif

====

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I *never* use Times for anything. *This* computer doesn`t have it, neither does my Laptop or the tatty old 386 in the office that I use to program fire alarm systems under test.

I despize it so much, removing it is the first thing I do after installing Windoze
tongue.gif

It just looks horrid on screen and I find it hard to read more than anything. Plus the fact that it`s awful old nespaper print and everyone uses it, only because they can`t be bothered to change it!

Woops, there I go again. Someone hold me back or I could be here for hours. Say, is that my long-lost turquoise Infinity hiding over there......

rolleyes.gif

Latest posts