Can the 18650 from Deal Extreme blow out my Cree LED???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really sorry to bother you again. But the same person who said that my new Jet-III Pro I.B.S. is a fake just told my that the TrustFire Protected 18650 Lithium Battery (2400mAh 2-Pack Gray) which I bought from Deal Extreme could be fake and could blow out the Cree LED of my new JetBeam Jet-III Pro I.B.S. :thumbsdow.
Is that right? Does anyone know if Deal Extreme really sells fakes?

I'm so sorry for this but if it is really true I don't want to risk damaging my JetBeam :shakehead.

rayman

Last edited by a moderator:

jake25

Enlightened
if he was lieing the first time

i think he would lie the second time

although i use Ultrafire's and AW's i highly doubt Trustfires from DX will explode or whatever

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
rayman - Since you got two lies from this guy, that means he is persistent.

Could you give us his name so we know to ignore it if/when he writes us?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
please report him, and please tell us his name....

you can direct drive crees up to 4v IIRC....

this person just seems to be trying to cause trouble....

however it is worth noting that Lithium Batteries of any kind, have the potential to "vent with flame". Its a pretty rare thing to happen, and if you treat your Li-ons and Lithium Primaries properly, you shouldnt have a problem with them. I have been using exclusively Ultrafire/Trustfire rechargables at the moment, no problems whatsoever

Crenshaw

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
He is relativly new to this forum so I don't want to destroy his 'CPF-carrer'. Maybe he only had some false information because he said he only tried to help me. But if he tells some false rumors next time I will surely report him to you. Maybe he can say himself where he got this information from.

rayman

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can the 18650 from Deal Extreme blow out my Cree LED???
No.

if he was lieing the first time

i think he would lie the second time
I agree 100%

Could you give us his name so we know to ignore it if/when he writes us?
If he is on the forum...report him.
I'd not start making public accusations, but I would contact the moderators if this person is apparently intentionally distributing mis-information via CPF. Unfortunately some people out there have agendas other than sharing knowledge and a love of lighting tools. The tone of your posts strike me as very nervous. Just relax, learn, and have good time here. :D

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I send the name to DM51 and I'm sorry for all that trouble :(.

rayman

DM51

Flashaholic
I'm closing this thread for the time being. Further discussion of this matter is likely to be unsettling and disruptive if allowed to continue.

rayman has acted properly, and should not be criticised; however the matter of fakes, knock-offs, pirated goods, bootleg items, and the rest, is a minefield.

Members must realise that they need to be very careful indeed about making allegations of illegality against other individuals or organisations. CPF will not be drawn into any such disputes, and will not allow them to be aired here.

Status
Not open for further replies.