Canadian Radio Shack Have Mag 2C for C$12.50

M_R

Enlightened
Re: Canadian RS Have Mag 2C for C$12.50

Were they $12.50 6 months ago as well?

Duh... sorry didn't read the dates or all in the threads in between. You see what a great deal does to me..

Thanks for reviving the thread CalgaryGuy!!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Canadian RS Have Mag 2C for C$12.50

If any of you guys will ship internationally, take Paypal and the total cost is not too high, some of us out here in the wilderness might be realllllllllly tempted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CalgaryGuy said:
For those who lives in Canada, Canadian Radio Shack has the Mag 2C for C$12.50 at www.radioshack.ca web page. It's free shipping but you have to pay tax according to your province. Get them while they are cheap, not sure why but they are cheap. Regular price is about C$30.

Edit: For those who doesn't know, Mag 2C is great for modding with three CR123A battery. Combined it with KPR112 bulb, you can get about 180 lumen light for about C$22 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Being the cheap kind of a guy that I am, I tried this 3-x-123A-power-source-and-KPR112-light-source mod in my Mag 3 C-with-garden-hose-spacer-mod. My extremely expensive, and highly technical, initial set-up used a bolt with nut, washer and nylon spacers for 2 x 123A. With the 3rd 123A, I went with an even more complicated piece of engineering - you know those thin steel double-spindles you can use to bundle together documents? Those spindles can be folded over to make a GREAT space-filler/extender/contact.

I even had space on my duty belt for a black basketweave carrying ring. Man that Mag was bright! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Glenn

Enlightened
Greg said:

"How would one compare the brightness of the Mag 3CR123 to a TL-3 by Streamlight "

I would also be interested in a comparison.
I have been tempted to buy a TL-3 BUT, I am afraid that I will be disappointed after my Mag mod.

Glenn

Mrd 74

Enlightened
I was thinking about the TL-3 as well but after making up my Rat Shack 2C Mag mod with a 5 cell Magnum Star bulb and 3 Cr123s(600 ft throw) I couldn't justify the expense of the Streamlight and its bulbs at three times the cost.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
I think that the MAG2C/KPR112 is brighter than the TL-3 due to the run time. I believe the run time is 15 to 30 minutes. Anyone have tested that out?

As for 2C to 3x123, I just put the battery in, no need of any adaptor, Mag 2C hold the CR123A very tight and the battery doesn't move at all.

oldtimer

Enlightened
Do you need to change the reflector or bulb for it? (Oops sorry.. I meant what do I need to change) =P

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
I should probably know the answer by now, but if I REALLY want to go crazy, what bulb could I buy off-the-shelf to put in my Mag 3 C if I want to put 4 x 123A lithiums in it?

Looks like I am leaning more towards bulbs & lithiums than new light bodies. I am STILL dreaming, however, about the TSP and/or the GL4RC!

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
3x123 would be the KPR112
4x123 would be the KPR118 I believe.

I read one thread where someone
said the 3x123 KPR112 was the
brighter of the two. But of
course it's worth a shot.

If your local radioshack doesn't
carry the kpr112 bulbs for the
3X123 "mod". I found them at my
local hardware store.

They were in the flashlight/battery section on the very bottom shelf,
in a blue and yellow generic
flashlight bulb display that
had a clear plastic cover with
slide out cardboard "drawers".
I also found them in a grey
plastic generic bulb display.
The kind where you pull the
little drawer out and flip
the lid up.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
_Mike_ said:
3x123 would be the KPR112
4x123 would be the KPR118 I believe.

I read one thread where someone said the 3x123 KPR112 was the brighter of the two. But of course it's worth a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I will look for some tomorrow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif