Can't decide on a EDC light

novarider

Newly Enlightened
Or you could go with the AW cell. I have one in front of me and it measures 51mm from button top to bottom. It might be a tight fit but another option would be to strip them of their protection circuits as the ET has low voltage cut out anyway.

Good luck.

The D25a has low voltage cutoff? I couldn't find that can you provide a link please?

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
The D25a has low voltage cutoff? I couldn't find that can you provide a link please?

I could be wrong about the protection circuit in the light itself, I recalled reading something from someone else in the forums here that had one but could be mistaken. However, my Eagtac P20 does have it as does my Sunwayman V11R . Yes they are both two different lights so not relevant. Did you see my statement about the AW cell?

novarider

Newly Enlightened
I could be wrong about the protection circuit in the light itself, I recalled reading something from someone else in the forums here that had one but could be mistaken. However, my Eagtac P20 does have it as does my Sunwayman V11R . Yes they are both two different lights so not relevant. Did you see my statement about the AW cell?

What is the AW cell?

ven

Flashaholic
I simply use an IMR14500 efest v2, short enough so no length issues and button top(v2=button and v1=flat top)

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a titanium D25C about 4 years ago but didn't use it hardly ever. Then my edc light's switch broke several months ago and I decided to carry the D25C. I'm not a big fan of it. The older models only offer 2 modes when using a 16340, which meant I had to use CR123 to get all modes. The problem is that 2 of the 4 main modes are almost identical in brightness, and the titanium D25 has no lockout ability, plus it seemed to drain the battery at a high rate considering I used mostly low and medium, and never kept it running long. Possibly the most annoying issue are the 6 or 7 different strobe and SOS modes, which get in the way of the other regular modes when you cycle through the setting. It's possible that the newer ones are different than the 1st gen. I stopped carrying it after about 3 months approx. I liked the Zebralight SC52 better, but lost it after 3 carrying years, and I liked the Spark SL5 until 1 of its 2 identical switches broke. Now I'm still 'lugging' my SC600 mk1 around in my back pocket. I love it, except for the carrying part! It's just 1 more object in my pockets that keep causing pants-saggage! I need a more robust belt to keep them up!

Last edited:

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I actually just ordered a D25C titanium 2015 with xp-l for $49. shipped. Have at amazon. Got it today and it's kind of the best little EDC ever. It was supposed to be 485 LED lumens but I tested 650 ANSI with a fresh Efest IMR 16340. Brighter than my Klarus Mi7 by about 80 lumens and Mi7 is rated 750 lumens. Makes me wonder if maybe a batch got the little resistors switched by accident. Also amazing neutral tint even though it was labeled a CW. I'll take it.

stargaz_21

Newly Enlightened
Got the Nitecore EC4GT flashlight and it is great 1000 lumens for an hour plus other modes. For around $70 a great bargain.