Can't find clear EPOXY for GITD powder mixing - HELP

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi guys,
I ordered some GOTD powder online but I can't find any clear epoxy for it. All I found were greyish after cured or white after cured (epoxy putty for the white). Can I use the white epoxy putty in this case? I tried to find clear silicon gel but there was only translucent type. I don't have many choices in my country. Can I use UHU glue for it? .. it is crystal clear.. :popcorn:

hi adam,
i'm in Singapore :)

For the types of things we do with glow powder, any reasonably clear epoxy will do. In most cases, you will be using a very thin coat. Once it's thick enough that the light can not reach the powder in the deeper parts, there will be less and less impact on making it deeper.

Many different brands are sold as "5 minute epoxy" and are essentially clear. You will not notice a slight yellow tint if it's only 1/16 inch deep and you are filling it with GITD powder anyway.

Daniel

hi gadget lover,
i saw a lot of 5minute epoxies but they are either grey after cured or did not state the color, so i really don't want to buy it only to find out later that it is colored and then leave it unused. im going down to a bigger DIY store later to try my luck :sigh:

i finally found devcon clear epoxy at a big DIY shop. thanks guys for racking your brains with me :D but its a 5min quick dry type.. hopefully i am fast enough :sick2: