Ceiling bounce headlamps?

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I'm thinking about an alternative lighting method in a storm shelter--turning the headlamp strap upside down so the headlamp can be tilted up toward the ceiling for ceiling bouncing the light. Has anyone on here tried that? I think it would be better than individuals having them the normal way and shining the light into each other's eyes.

Marquis07

Newly Enlightened
I've got several Thrunite TH30s that work well like that. They are right-angle lights, so I just rotate them up and that works fine. I don't find the lighting adequate for doing any work, but for just walking around, it works fine. I've also found that just pointing the light at your nose works decent too. It shines right at your feet and doesn't get in other people's eyes too much.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup, just rotate them up - works as long as you have a light colored ceiling, if not a diffuser would be the way to go.

3_gun

Enlightened
Bounce lighting is usually the better use of a flashlight for lighting an area if a reflective enough material/color or target is used. It can even work better [in soon cases] than using a lantern. My ex had a make-up table with a 3 piece mirror that when a Maglite in candle mode was used, worked better than the bedside table lights in lighting the room

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bounce lighting is usually the better use of a flashlight for lighting an area if a reflective enough material/color or target is used. It can even work better [in soon cases] than using a lantern. My ex had a make-up table with a 3 piece mirror that when a Maglite in candle mode was used, worked better than the bedside table lights in lighting the room
Oooooo, imagine if you had a mirror over the bed...🙃🙃