bp044

Enlightened
TooManyGizmos said:
:grin2::grin2:
......." Quote " of poushag's downside note ..... v

" but it only does AA/AAA cells and can't do 2Amp charging either."

I'd say thats the main drawback .

............................. TMG/:grin2:
In response to my post #378 TooManyGizmos kindly points out the inability of the nexcell c50sc charger to charge only AA/AAA and not do 2Amp charging.If neither of these features is important to me can i get additional comments from some of our experts on the forum please ?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
bp044 said:
In response to my post #378 TooManyGizmos kindly points out the inability of the nexcell c50sc charger to charge only AA/AAA and not do 2Amp charging.If neither of these features is important to me can i get additional comments from some of our experts on the forum please ?

:):grin2::)

I understand ..... bp

I won't reply to any more of your questions .

......................... TMG/:laughing:

bp044

Enlightened
TooManyGizmos said:
:):grin2::)

I understand ..... bp

I won't reply to any more of your questions .

......................... TMG/:laughing:
I did not mean any disrespect towards TooManyGizmos. I was merely seeking additional views on the nexcell charger fom him or any body else with an opinion taking into account my not needing 2amp charge rate or desire to charge any thing other than AAA/AA cells

Wolf_Spyder

Newly Enlightened
I am new, so I will try really hard at not asking stupid questions.

I am very much interested in a charger for R-CR123A's. I have several "el-cheap-o" 6 volt tactical lights. I go through batteries faster than I would like. I am looking for both batteries and a charger. I have read the other posts detailing Light Hound & Powerizer. I was wondering if there is any other R-CR123A's beside these two?

Also, has anyone tried to convert a DeWalt charger (for DeWalt 7 volt - 18 volt XRP Batteries) to recharge other types of batteries?

distox

Newly Enlightened
Wow, what an informative thread! I found this forum while searching for information on NiMH batteries. No wonder my batteries never last long, I've been doing everything to kill them. Now I'm looking to buy a new charger/conditioner for AA/AAAs. Anyone had a chance to check out the new "Power Gauge Charger" from Duracell?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Update:

I have added data for the Duracell 15 minute charger and the Maha C9000 Wizard One charger, both original and improved versions.

Tom

bridaw

Newly Enlightened
:thanks: First, thank you so much for all your time.
The charger comparison and battery shoot out threads are great.

I was ready to purchase the Maha Powerex MH-C9000 tonight but I noticed thomas distributing lists the LaCrosse BC-900 on their site as a "New Updated Firmware Model". I see your review date for the BC-900 was over a year ago and I don't know how long the updated firmware version has been available. I assume the BC-900 you tested had "old" firmware but wanted to confirm. I wonder what has been improved.

I still think I want the MH-C9000 since it seems to be a better charger and I can power it off 12V with a simple cord. The MH-C9000 costs twice as much as the BC-900 and I do own a DC to AC converter to power the BC-900 off 12V. I wonder if I should go ahead with the MH-C9000 or reconsider the updated BC-900? Hmmm. :thinking:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bridaw,

Decisions, decisions, decisions... :)

You are correct. My BC-900 is a V32 unit. The changes with V33 include lowering the maximum battery temperature that triggers a pause in charging, and an increase in the safety timer from 2700 mAh to 3000 mAh. I don't believe these changes will have any effect on the charging of healthy cells.

Tom

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tom, Thanks for all of the great charger and battery info you've provided on CPF...you've put a ton of time into all of this, thanks for sharing! I bought a Titanium TG2800 based on your comments of it...I love it!

On the Lacrosse BC-900, how can you tell if a particular one is V32 or V33? Is it printed or stamped on it somewhere? I'm interested in buying one, but want to be able to know which version I'm getting.

Thanks!

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
SilverFox said:
You are correct. My BC-900 is a V32 unit. The changes with V33 include lowering the maximum battery temperature that triggers a pause in charging, and an increase in the safety timer from 2700 mAh to 3000 mAh.

Another thing I noticed when I received my two new v.33's is when you put the cells in, it takes a lot longer than my v.32 to blink the display and begin charging. I guess a lot of confused consumers were waiting too long to make up their mind and make a configuration choice, and it was defaulting to 200 mA charge, and the only way to reset it is to unplug it However, now that I am use to the operation, I find the double delay sometimes frustrating!

cy

Flashaholic
silver, what a cool old thread! can't believe I've missed it.....

paulr

Flashaholic
bridaw said:
I still think I want the MH-C9000 since it seems to be a better charger and I can power it off 12V with a simple cord. The MH-C9000 costs twice as much as the BC-900 and I do own a DC to AC converter to power the BC-900 off 12V.
For charging in a car I think I'd prefer a 15 minute charger. This is mainly because you generally need the key in the ignition to power the cig lighter socket, and I'd rather not leave it that way unattended for hours at a time. If it's 15 minutes I can sit there til it's done. Charging with the motor turned off is probably not great (but not fatal) for the car battery either: the 12-15 WH to charge 4 AA cells is maybe equal to running the car headlights for 10 minutes or so, which is not something you want to do all the time. If I'm using the car at all it's generally for more than 15 minutes so I can use a 15 minute NiMH charger while the car is running, but I rarely go on multi-hour car trips.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone got any info on the charger sold bundled with the Eneloop batteries? I'm guessing it's pretty simple but I haven't found any info on it.

oldvultureface

Newly Enlightened
hank said:
Anyone got any info on the charger sold bundled with the Eneloop batteries? I'm guessing it's pretty simple but I haven't found any info on it.
Both eneloop chargers are reasonably sophisticated. Independent channel charging. Different battery capacities-sizes capability. Slow, but they work well. The four channel charges AA's at 300 mA and AAA's at 150 mA. I don't have the two channel with me-my daughter's using it-but it's a little faster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.