Charger Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
oldvultureface said:
The four channel charges AA's at 300 mA and AAA's at 150 mA. I don't have the two channel with me-my daughter's using it-but it's a little faster.

My two channel says AA x 2 @ 550 mA and AAA x 2 @ 380 mA. Roughly twice as fast.

Last edited:

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
SilverFox said:
Hello Turbo DV8,

Thanks for the update. I was not aware of the added delay time.

Tom

Just today noticed another difference between my v32 and v33. Both manuals state that the maximum charge current of any one bay is limited by the current setting of any previous bay(s). That is, if bay #1 is set for 500 mA, subsequent bays cannot charge above 500 mA. This is the way my v32 works. I have been using my v33's with this in mind, but today I by accident put two cells in bay 3-4 and set the current for 700 mA, and when I checked bay 1-2 I had it set for 500 mA. So it appears that v33 does away with this current limitation. The new manuals included with my v33's were not updated to reflect this.

pfwag

Newly Enlightened
Anybody know anything about All-Battery's T6278?

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1652

Or is this a private labeled clone that has already been tested?

For $40, I'm trying to decide between it and the Maha C401FS. My new Canon S3 is making me get NIMHs and a charger (with a 12V input), and I note the C401FS has better than average comments and performance, but being able to also charge Cs and Ds with the same units has some advantages.

with an assumption that it is better (and cheaper) to have a second set of 2500 mAHr AAs and I am not looking for a perfect battery charger, am I off base?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Handlobraesing,

There seems to be several Eneloop chargers available. I have a couple of them, but have not run a formal test on them. I will see what I can do.

Tom

cat

Enlightened
Thank you, SilverFox, and the others who contributed.
But I can't read through all these 14 pages and reach any conclusions wrt to which charger to buy. :confused:
I think I've gathered that slow charging is better - which is ok with me. Another thing is that I think I'm going to be charging fivemega 9 packs / 12 packs.
Maha...which one? Titanium...? And what are the best online stores to get them and batteries?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Cat,

Welcome to CPF.

I recommend charging in the 0.5C - 1.0C range for charging rates because it is generally recommended by the battery manufacturers for a strong end of charge signal. The other recommended rate is if you start with a fully discharged battery, 0.1C for 14 - 16 hours, based on timer charge termination.

When charging 9 and 12 cell packs, it probably is better to check out some of the hobby chargers. I use the Schulze.

Tom

cat

Enlightened
Thanks, Tom. :) I've been around - every day - for 2 or 3 weeks, but I've only become a bit confused now that I'm looking at getting something other than Surefire and Fenix that use CR123 batteries. :)

I'll do a search to find someone that sells the Schulze.
Whether I need one of those or a charger for batteries used by Wolf Eyes depends on whether I go for a Mag85 or a Wolf Eyes M300 or Storm. :) (Probably both, though, eventually.) :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.