Chocoholic

TorchMan

Enlightened
greenLED said:
Oh, yes, I have! Trouble is, Hershey chocolate tastes so horrible I can't get past the first bite.

The Green Lantern is not going to be well received in Hershey, PA. anymore. A place that I've read has street lights shaped like Hershey's Kisses will surely ban the sale of all comics and related items. :nana: :grin2:

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
verbie said:
binky: Lake Champlain--the site looks good enough. i may try it, but do you know how much is the shipping? as for the Belgium chocolates, any fine chocolates should be eaten w/in a week. they all should be eaten fresh. fine chocolates will taste like any other chocolates old. next time you're in Paris, try La Maison du Chocolat, it's one of the best. there's a La Maison du Chocolat in new york too. and yes, you should eat it fresh :grin2:

Hey verbie -- Cool. I think I had some from the Maison du Chocolat, but it was a long time ago, so... (Maison du Chocolat online sales!)

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody else like those chocolate covered expresso beans? I've had a couple different brands of them (they tasted about the same) and I like them a lot. The last ones I bought came in a small tube and were bought at Fry's!

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me or does the chocolates taste better when out of the fridge. The choc will be harder and cold but taste like heaven when it melts in your mouth....

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I much prefer chocoholic, straight out of the fridge, it seems to taste better.

and has a better texture.

regards.

GhostReaction said:
Is it just me or does the chocolates taste better when out of the fridge. The choc will be harder and cold but taste like heaven when it melts in your mouth....

MoonRise

Enlightened
So I was passing through the store today and with this thread in mind, decided to get some chocolate.

OMG, there's -ONE- bar of Ghirardelli 72% "Twilight Delight" dark chocolate laying in amongst the 60% Bittersweet bars. So I bought it. :nana:

I just had a piece (or two ... ). MMMMMM, chocolate. Smooth texture, decent mouth-feel, taste is not masked by tons of sugar. Oh, yeah, this is gooooooOOOOOOoooood. :grin2:

As a quick comparison, the 72% bar 'recipe' has 0.263 g sugars per gram serving. The bittersweet 60% bar has 0.395 g sugars per gram serving! Big difference! Moving down into the semisweet, sweet, and milk chocolate range raises the sugar amounts higher and higher and drops the cacao(chocolate) more and more. Milk chocolate could only have 10% cacao (as well as 12% milk solids and 3.39% milk fat, remainder is sugar and flavorings)!

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
Chocolate is good food.

I am ok with Hersheys special dark bars.

I also like Dove dark chocolate.

But pretty much if it has chocolate in it I am willing to give it a taste!

Donovan

Enlightened
MoonRise said:
OMG, there's -ONE- bar of Ghirardelli 72% "Twilight Delight" dark chocolate laying in amongst the 60% Bittersweet bars. So I bought it.
Interesting.... I have never had good Ghirardelli dark chocolate. Every one I have tried has been ok at best. I even tried it in the SF factory!
Lindt is much much better IMHO.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
MoonRise said:
OMG, there's -ONE- bar of Ghirardelli 72% "Twilight Delight" dark chocolate laying in amongst the 60% Bittersweet bars. So I bought it. :nana:

Whoa... I ve tried a 70% Lindt Dark choc and I hardly can finish the whole bar. Its bitter.

Today I m eating the Lindt swiss thin dark chocolate and ITS GOOD!

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enjoy a good bitter chocolate. Morinaga (Japan) is my kick now. Trader Joes has some nice ones, soo many though.