Clip for arc-AAA

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I needed some mechanical pencils anyway, so I stopped by Office Depot and got the Pentel ICY (pack of 3 for less than $3)
zpen5035.jpg

It has a nice crome plated removable pocket clip on it. The clip as it come is too small to fit around the arc-AAA, but after several minutes working it over with two needle nose pliers it now fits great. The crome plating is very durable too.
Wear safty glasses, the clip is very springy and I shot it across the room several times.

I also tried this with a clip from a 2 AAA brinkman legend, which was slighly too big. It's black and the coating comes off easily. It can be bought from the brinkmann website for $3 & free shipping. http://www.thebrinkmanncorp.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=8&CATID=2&ObjectGroup_ID=27
I prefer the Pentel clip though.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cave dave:
I also tried this with a clip from a 2 AAA brinkman legend.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a clip for the MiniMagLite AAA which should fit. AFAIR I bought it separate.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeLu:
I have a clip for the MiniMagLite AAA which should fit. AFAIR I bought it separate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The older Mini Maglite AAA's didn't come with the pocket clip, while the newer ones do. I can't recall how long ago Maglite added the pocket clip, though.

Thanks for posting the exact model (and picture) of the pencil you bought; I've been wishing my Arc-AAA had a pocket clip, too.
Great idea.
cool.gif
wink.gif

You know, it's funny...I bought the same exact pencil for the same exact purpose! (It WAS the cheapest one I could find with a clip). The clip has proven a bit too springy and small, though...I haven't quite tried working on it w/ some pliers, though.