• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED 2018 Yuji 3200K high cri 5mm LED group buy

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: REOPENED 2018 Yuji 3200K high cri 5mm LED group buy

I'll take 50 if you have them. Will send PP.
PP sent today (Sun)
Thanks

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

Hi folks! If you've sent PP in the last week, your emitters go in the mail tomorrow morning. Thank you all! Probably 250 +/- left.

scout24

Flashaholic

Everyone above this post made it into today's mail. Thanks folks, and enjoy!!!

Gt390

Newly Enlightened

Hi, been a while since I have posted. I have tried many of the mods so far. The nite-eyz mini mag ( or however you spell it ) is ok for me but maybe a little dim for the size of the light. I find the coin cell type light is an easy mod and very useful due to the size.

Found the time and bravery to try a yuji in one of my brightest and presumably newest version arc aaa. The 45 degree vs the 60 as well as what I presume is a driver that runs the led a little harder really makes a nice light. The 60 degree was just to floody for such low output at least for me. I really appreciated the color and cri but wasn't carrying my old modded arc very much. So far this newer one looks like it might be my favorite fuji mod yet.

So I guess I am saying if anyone has an e01 type light this may be a better option than the 60 degree was.

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: 2018 Yuji 5mm LED group buy OPEN

You got it. They'll go out Monday. I'll check when I'm home to see how many past Ampdude's order I have left.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, who would have thought you could move 2000 of these, plus over 500 of the 5600K version! Long live the 5mm LED!

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

Lol, I've got 50 or 60 left after ampdude's ship, and after that I'm done... :)

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, who would have thought you could move 2000 of these, plus over 500 of the 5600K version! Long live the 5mm LED!

Yes, funny how they were originally developed just to be an indicator light on a control panel. Yet with improvement of technology over the years have become so much more.

anomalyconcept

Newly Enlightened

I'd be interested in 25! Would be willing to take the rest, too if you can't find anyone else. Thanks!

scout24

Flashaholic

25 is no problem, I'll be holding a few back for myself and a few for who knows what. I'll send a PM with my Paypal addy. Thanks!

scout24

Flashaholic

Anomolayconcept- yours go in the mail tomorrow morning. And, as they say, that's a wrap! These Yuji's are gone, folks. I'm holding back a few, but the group buy is over. Thank you, CPF! You guys and gals are the best... :)

1pt21

Enlightened

Thanks for making this happen Scout!! I should be pretty well stocked for, well.... the rest of my life LOL..

I now find myself constantly stopping at all the cheapies that I would normally laugh at, instead thinking hmmmm can this be Yuji'd???

It's especially nice because most of the cheapies are packaged in a way that they can be taken apart to check out the innards. YUP, another thing to drive the wife batty while shopping :devil:

Ahh this hobby never grows old coupled with the amazing little community we have going here does it???

anomalyconcept

Newly Enlightened

Received mine in the mail today! They have a nice golden tint to them, a bit stronger than I expected, but they are great! I've already swapped one into a fauxton and a Streamlight nano and they are both so much better. The Yuji LED projects a nice even flood with a smooth fall-off, which suits the squeeze light quite well. The Nano had really bad purple-tinted artifacts before, now it's even and smooth. I have a hard time deciding which one to keep on my keys, and like 1pt21, been looking for other 5mm lights to mod :D

Thanks again, Scout!

spaceminions

Newly Enlightened

Update: Finally bought a lifepo4 10440, put it in the maglite solitaire, and after removing the reflector and a little of the bipin plastic parts, I have myself a 1x10440 direct drive yuji LED! https://imgur.com/a/lhViMfK The resistance of the host seems just right in order to not burn up the led when the battery is full, and I suppose it will get dim once the battery drains, but that's alright. I might go back later with a dab of glue to hold the front lens in, maybe something to keep the led centered, but for now it seems to be working fine.