Collection SF - All Black! HA-BK that is...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My mistake. I stand corrected. But must admit I'm surprised at how easily my E2D inca. seems to get scratched. :shrug:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where is it getting scratched? if it is a corner of the strike bezel, then that is an inevitability. think of how little material there is to bond when you have a sharp angle. now if it was the smooth side of the flashlight bezel or body then im not sure. but usually corners will wear much faster.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It's mainly the strike bezel getting scratched up, inside the scallops.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sharp edges lose anodisation very quickly, even Type III. The edges of the bezel are usually the first places to show bare aluminium, in my experience - and not just with HA-BK.

Regards,
Tempest

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
Yeah the edges and the knurling (just a bunch of small edges I guess) are the first things to get worn out. As you can see in my photo the flats are still intact and scratch free while everything else.

Does anyone know of anything to "touch up" the raw Al? I was tempted to try some of the Birchwood products, Aluminum Black or one of their pens, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
I use the Birchwood Casey touch-up pens. I have them in gloss and matte black. They work very well.

That's good to hear, I guess I'm off to buy a couple right now. BTW I'm assuming you use the matte black for the HA-BK.

How well does the finish stay on?

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the Birchwood Casey touch-up pens. I have them in gloss and matte black. They work very well.

The ones that are paint, right? I've tried those and the "aluminum blacking" that's some kind of chemical treatment sort of like cold bluing, and the paint version seems to be much more durable.

donn_

Flashaholic
This may be the ultimate black Surefire kit, for flexibility:

IMGP3239.jpg

Round body 9P (bored to 18xxxmm) in HAIII-BK
A19 extension (bored to 18xxxmm) in HAIII-BK
Z32 bezel
Ribbed Z46 (M3) bezel in HAIII-BK w/ Ti bezel ring
C2M adapter in HAIII-BK
3" turbo head
2.5" SRTH turbo head
SW01 'Slim' in HAIII-BK
SW01 'Fatty' in HAIII-BK
Z41 tailcap with AW soft start

This combo will run everything from a stock P90 to an SST-90 D36 drop-in, and almost everything in between.

:twothumbs

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may be the ultimate black Surefire kit, for flexibility:

IMGP3239.jpg

Round body 9P (bored to 18xxxmm) in HAIII-BK
A19 extension (bored to 18xxxmm) in HAIII-BK
Z32 bezel
Ribbed Z46 (M3) bezel in HAIII-BK w/ Ti bezel ring
C2M adapter in HAIII-BK
3" turbo head
2.5" SRTH turbo head
SW01 'Slim' in HAIII-BK
SW01 'Fatty' in HAIII-BK
Z41 tailcap with AW soft start

This combo will run everything from a stock P90 to an SST-90 D36 drop-in, and almost everything in between.

:twothumbs

are those custom annodized SW01s?

Is it just me or custom Black HA shouldnt count here. Makes my Emerson C2-HAIII-BK not so special haha

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys I need some clarification.

I was looking at my U2 (18650 ver.) It is a first gen. I noticed that there was a bare side on the body, no etchings. After looking more closely I notieced that my U2 has 4 sides. 2 flats with all the laser etching on the flats. Then perpendicular to hose flats are to round bare BKHA sides. One is covered by the pocket clip.

I am used to my Kroma and Darpa body. Those only have three sides. Not 4. Two for laser etchings and third for the pocket clip. Do the normal U2s have four sides or three?

And vice versa for the early patent pending mil spec kromas with flat sides, does it have 4 or 3 sides?

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I upgraded two of my lights while on vacation.

I swapped out my KL4 lens retaining bezel for my E2D strike bezel, on my X200. So now I call it X200D haha.

p1000344p.jpg

I also got a M620V to add to my viking Tactics handheld scoutlight body. I call this E2V.

p1000330k.jpg

p1000326k.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics. Im still on vacation. I didnt have good lighting.

Latest posts