compact thrower

scwood

Newly Enlightened
Would this be a good light to have in my pack for looking for down deer.

New version Convoy M2 Cree XM-L2 U2-1A LED Flashlight

.I would pick color around 4500k with t6 amps.I use Nitecore AA EA21 when going in and out of woods.Would like a flashlight with some throw and good tint for looking for downed deer.Thanks for any help! I have a convoy S2+ I use at work for close up work.I like it a lot!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of people have very different definitions of a thrower. For instance I just got the new Thrunite Mini Catapult. It is TINY. It also throws like an NFL Quarterback. 88,000+ Candela. Over 500 yards. So...how far from these downed deer are you?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

XHP35 HI emitter .duty size light {18650}

like an Acebeam L16

or

something with a small die Osram emitter

__--_____

I really like the XHP35 HI emitter overall,

Onthebrightside

Newly Enlightened
Damn, this site is dead. This is my second profile because I deleted the email from my first account. Been here for years. Almost decades. Sad.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn, this site is dead. This is my second profile because I deleted the email from my first account. Been here for years. Almost decades. Sad.
That's.....helpful.
The m2 is good but I'd go with a different led. If you really want throw I'd go with a C8 instead. Get an sst-20 at say 3A. Plenty of throw and output

scwood

Newly Enlightened
I want a light in between a thrower and flood.I need to see about 50-100yrds max.my convoy S2+ is to floody at that distance.

Remembertheslap

Newly Enlightened
I want a light in between a thrower and flood.I need to see about 50-100yrds max.my convoy S2+ is to floody at that distance.
I just acquired an Acebeam TK18 with the Osrams. It's a 15 degree (guestimate in the drissle) beam, uniform, like a pure flood but compressed into a throw. Very white. Would hit 100 yards with useful light on turbo/high, I would say, but haven't had a chance to experiment with it much. No hotspot, just a cone of uniform light, soft at the edges.

CHNeal

Enlightened
If its in your pack it really doesn't need to be that compact does it? Either way Malkoff Hound Dog is the answer. Will run on a MD2 body with 2 cr123 or 18650, MD3 body with 3-cr123 or two 18500 ( my personal favorite)or MD4 body with 4- cr123 or -18650. Awesome throw with decent run times and a very very useful low as well. And available in Neutral….