Company / Product News

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Could you at least tell us if the Dobermann Pro is fully regulated at all levels like the other Pro models? Most of its specs appear to be copied from the regular version, and I don't know what to believe. The specs say that it doesn't have fully regulated output in all modes. I'd feel a lot better about missing out on the Predator Pro if you could confirm that the Dobermann Pro functions just like its bigger brothers.

Hi!

Thank you for the question!

No, specifications are correct. Dobermann Pro limited has another number of modes. Stabilization is the same as in no-Pro models.

rfl

Newly Enlightened
specifications are correct.

Are the specifications for the hotspot and spill angles correct? The figures, 8 degrees and 40 degrees, are the same as the non pro Dobermann. That doesn't seem possible. The hot spot will have to be smaller than the non pro model in order to increase the throw by over 130 meters --- or the spill would need to much, much dimmer...

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered myself a Predator. Incredible amount of throw for such a little package. Hopefully the specs are correct that it's 5500k cct as well.

JimTokle

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

Thank you for the question!

No, specifications are correct. Dobermann Pro limited has another number of modes. Stabilization is the same as in no-Pro models.

That's slightly disappointing. What's Pro about it, then? The firefly mode? Was really hoping for full Pro regulation. Regardless, my Dobermann Pro and Barracuda Pro will be here tomorrow. I'm excited to get my hands on them, but I'd love to see another run of Predator Pro since there isn't actually anything Pro about the Dobermann Pro.

JimTokle

Newly Enlightened
That's slightly disappointing. What's Pro about it, then? The firefly mode? Was really hoping for full Pro regulation. Regardless, my Dobermann Pro and Barracuda Pro will be here tomorrow. I'm excited to get my hands on them, but I'd love to see another run of Predator Pro since there isn't actually anything Pro about the Dobermann Pro.

Okay, so I got my Dobermann Pro and Barracuda Pro this morning. The Dobermann Pro, contrary to what Armytek has claimed in this thread and on their website, is fully regulated. With a cooling fan, I got about 55 minutes of turbo before it flashed the low battery warning, at which point I ended the test. No scientific measurements, but it behaved exactly the same as my Viking Pro does.

What a relief. I was actually regretting buying this light after Armytek said that it behaves like the non-Pro models.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so I got my Dobermann Pro and Barracuda Pro this morning. The Dobermann Pro, contrary to what Armytek has claimed in this thread and on their website, is fully regulated. With a cooling fan, I got about 55 minutes of turbo before it flashed the low battery warning, at which point I ended the test. No scientific measurements, but it behaved exactly the same as my Viking Pro does.

What a relief. I was actually regretting buying this light after Armytek said that it behaves like the non-Pro models.

Thanks for sharing. Are you positive that there was no step down? If it's gradual enough, you might not have noticed it. Under-promising and over-delivering...I don't think that is typical of AT.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Out of curiosity, AFAIK the Doberman PRO is not yet available for sale based on AT's website. Not out of stock; not available. Where did you buy yours?

JimTokle

Newly Enlightened
Out of curiosity, AFAIK the Doberman PRO is not yet available for sale based on AT's website. Not out of stock; not available. Where did you buy yours?

I bought it from them. The page for the limited editions still says it's coming soon, but it's already came and went. It was in stock for about a week, and now it's gone.

And yes, I'm positive. It lowered itself once due to heat, where it did the 4x blink and then stepped down, but I repositioned the fan and it went back up to max and stayed there until flashing 2x for the battery warning. It behaves exactly the same as my Viking Pro. The battery was at 3.4 volts when it gave the battery warning and I ended the test, and at that point there was still a very noticeable difference between max and high. I don't have any scientific measuring tools, but this thing is fully regulated.

I think it was just a miscommunication between the person who posts here and the people who made the light. A lot of the specs on the site are wrong for the limited editions, and just copied from the regular versions. It makes sense that the Dobermann Pro would be fully regulated, as it's listed as having "pro operation", but what exactly is that, other than full regulation? The addition of firefly mode?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought it from them. The page for the limited editions still says it's coming soon, but it's already came and went. It was in stock for about a week, and now it's gone.

And yes, I'm positive. It lowered itself once due to heat, where it did the 4x blink and then stepped down, but I repositioned the fan and it went back up to max and stayed there until flashing 2x for the battery warning. It behaves exactly the same as my Viking Pro. The battery was at 3.4 volts when it gave the battery warning and I ended the test, and at that point there was still a very noticeable difference between max and high. I don't have any scientific measuring tools, but this thing is fully regulated.

I think it was just a miscommunication between the person who posts here and the people who made the light. A lot of the specs on the site are wrong for the limited editions, and just copied from the regular versions. It makes sense that the Dobermann Pro would be fully regulated, as it's listed as having "pro operation", but what exactly is that, other than full regulation? The addition of firefly mode?

I see. Thanks. Glad you're happy with the light. If they ever come back again, I think I'll grab a Dobermann Pro too.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting to note that regular Predator was out of stock, but is now back in stock-- for now. Perhaps a person or two cancelled their orders.

JimTokle

Newly Enlightened
Interesting to note that regular Predator was out of stock, but is now back in stock-- for now. Perhaps a person or two cancelled their orders.

I saw that last night! They only have one in stock. I'm surprised that it's still there.

It looks like the limited editions were a big hit. The Barracuda is down to 9 as of this posting, and everything else is gone, except for that one regular Predator. I was bummed about missing out on the Predator Pro, but not so much anymore after getting the Dobermann Pro. It would be interesting to know how many of each light they made. They sold out fairly quickly.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish the regular predator had the full regulation in high like the pro, but does anybody know how the predator's body handles the heat coming from the xpl led? Maybe the full 1100 lumens for an hour is not such a good thing.

JimTokle

Newly Enlightened
I wish the regular predator had the full regulation in high like the pro, but does anybody know how the predator's body handles the heat coming from the xpl led? Maybe the full 1100 lumens for an hour is not such a good thing.

I don't have a Predator, but the Viking is the same body and my Viking Pro handles it just fine. It's very good about throttling itself if needed. It gets hot, but not painfully so. My tests with the Dobermann Pro this morning had pretty much the same conclusion. I wouldn't worry about it.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
See what we suggest!

We want to announce the release of Prime v3 that combines the best in reliability,
design and functionality in a small size to bring users the next level in illumination!

Prime_A1_v2_Rendering1.jpg
Prime_C1_Pro_v2_Rendering1.jpg
Prime_C2_v2_Rendering1.jpg

More information is here

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Battery types. How to choose the power source for your device.

Batteries exist in many various sizes, shapes and types.

If you want to store batteries in the right way, you need to follow these easy rules described in our article.

battery_types.jpg

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
See what we suggest!

We want to announce the release of Prime v3 that combines the best in reliability,
design and functionality in a small size to bring users the next level in illumination!

Prime_A1_v2_Rendering1.jpg
Prime_C1_Pro_v2_Rendering1.jpg
Prime_C2_v2_Rendering1.jpg

More information is here

Any chance you can specifically list the differences other than the XP-L led? Thanks! I ordered one already from your website, but didn't find a place to put the CPF8 discount code so I left it in the notes.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Any chance you can specifically list the differences other than the XP-L led? Thanks! I ordered one already from your website, but didn't find a place to put the CPF8 discount code so I left it in the notes.

Hi!
Thank you for your order!
Prime v3 has another diode, a little bit different design and weight.

Thank you for finding a problem on the website! We have sent this information to our manager to recalculate total including сpf8 discount.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Our friends from flashlights forums and social pages are able to purchase our
products at Armytek webstore with 8% discount!

To access the discount, enter the Promo Code cpf8 in the cart when checking out.

-
Best wishes for this autumn season and our sincere thanks for your loyalty and godwill throughout the year!

-Armytek team-

Kinfolk_Wandawega_1096.jpg