conductive lube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmatic

Newly Enlightened
I have a fenix T1 , and it is supposed to have 2 levels of brightness... instead what i find is that i keep on inadverently getting many different brightness levels between its low and high mode because it has a poor contact where it engages high mode with, to get it properly i have to twist it really hard...
i was wondering if there is anything which can fill the gap between the contacts and pass the current through it better, and also reduce the friction in the twisting?

carmatic

Newly Enlightened
ok i've just had an idea float up to me... i dabble in RC cars as well, and they had stuff you put in the commutators of motors to help lower their resistance and increase amp draw and power, without increasing heat output... an example is http://www.bigjimracing.com/triboinstructions.php

i think i'll get some conductive lube like this and smear it onto the contacts in the torch

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forget conductive lube. It doesn't conduct. Not all that well anyway. It's intended to drain low currents away from stuff like motor shafts and so forth.

Get something like Deoxit from Radio Shack. It should clean things up well enough to make the switching action more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.