Convoy M2

ven

Flashaholic
Well my 2nd Convoy now(other an S8) and very happy.This is the Convoy M2 7135*6 2 Groups 3/5 Modes with XML2 T6-4C.Absolutely cracking little light for the money,cheap to buy but imo as good(in some cases better) than "higher end" brands like nitecore and fenix.This has 2 modes, 1st -low/med/high/strobe/SOS and 2nd set-low 5%/med 50%/high 100% with memory.It comes with a smooth bezel (seperate)along with a crenelated thats fitted to the light.Nice thick walls on the body

Threads slightly lubed

The tint is warm,this is compared to the nichia 219 in my olight m20
m2o on left,Convoy on right............pics not best and on phone but i can tell you to the eye it is noticeable warmer.

Orange peel reflector,and a green ring that illuminates

Size comparison with olight m20

Anyone who knows the m20 will know how solid,well made feel it has.......the Convoy is similar build which is very good.

Obv not a review and nor is it meant to be,just sharing some pics with a great value light for $20-$25 give or take.If not tried the brand they are certainly worth looking into:thumbsup:

I ordered a holster separate,another jetbeam as nicely made,perfect fit

Just to add,changing the modes from the 2 sets,select low mode,wait for 5 seconds and 1/2 press button,this now switches modes.Just done it so i have low/med/high. No SOS or strobe as they are not needed for my use. The light can also be locked out by a small turn of the tailcap
:)

Last edited:

blademan

Enlightened
I have a Convoy M1 from Illumination Supply and It is an amazing light. Convoy lights are hard to beat.

ven

Flashaholic
I have a Convoy M1 from Illumination Supply and It is an amazing light. Convoy lights are hard to beat.

Hi blademan,
Yes i agree,bang for buck fantastic imho,i will be getting more over time.Tend to buy an "expensive" light and a couple of cheaper ones.However these Convoys put some of the "expensive" lights to shame........I like the custom side,so can choose tint etc,the size is edc-able too.Check the s8 out,thats a great light too,will have a look at the m1 now,iirc i chose the m2 over it because of the head being honest.At the prices there is no excuse not to try more convoy flavours:D

blademan

Enlightened
I'm looking at a Convoy S 4 right now but the only thing stopping me is I have a Shiningbeam S mini. I got the M1 for the opposite reason you got the M2! I wanted a Larger head and more throw. Mine has a neautral XML 2 and I love it. It is driven at 2.8 amps with three modes and memory.

ven

Flashaholic
I'm looking at a Convoy S 4 right now but the only thing stopping me is I have a Shiningbeam S mini. I got the M1 for the opposite reason you got the M2! I wanted a Larger head and more throw. Mine has a neautral XML 2 and I love it. It is driven at 2.8 amps with three modes and memory.

Fantastic.....
:cool: i like that S4 light,very nice..........just go for it,if it was $100 then fair enough but at these prices no harm in having a few to rotate:D
I can certainly see me getting a few more convoys in the future,maybe 1 a month or so ,that way i have a light i know i will be happy with for not much outlay.

I have 5 spare sanyo protected cells,another 4 pany 3400 protected on they way.........they need homes;)

If you decide get some pics up,be good to see it a bit more in detail:thumbsup:
I presume a different tint this time,be good to have a bit of variety in them as well

Last edited:

Bocian

Newly Enlightened
I agree it is a very good quality flashlight (mechanically). The only thing I don't like is very tin original silicone tailcap.

ven

Flashaholic
I agree it is a very good quality flashlight (mechanically). The only thing I don't like is very tin original silicone tailcap.
Glad you like it:D

I dont mind the cap,like the "glow in the dark" bit too.
After a week or so of on/off use its grown on me even more,for a small 18650 it certainly puts a nice amount of light out of the front.I leave mine in medium for probably 90% of the time,more than adequate for me.Mode switching is a breeze,low,wait for flicker then 1/2 press......from this it may get on users nerves if use in low mode as every time it will dim for a split second to allow a mode change(if wanted).Does not bother me though in anyway:)
Feels nice in the hand,nice size,little on the smooth side with lack of knurling,may be an issue in wet/oily environments......and the crenelated bezel although not sharp in anyway,it has that not as smooth finish around edges compared to higher end lights.Certainly no deal breaker,but just a couple of observations over the last week.

No doubt i will invest in more convoy lights in the future:thumbsup: