Cool new 2009 Energizer 1AA Trailfinder Micro

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've sent queries to a couple places but I haven't gotten a response back yet. :thumbsdow
I'll keep bothering contacts until I dig up something on this light. :p

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure why they use really thin wires on both side of headband, that's asking to be snagged and broken. Would be nice if they molded it inside the headband.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I modded my 1 AA Browning 70 phantom to use 1 AA front, tapped into -+, ran wires around to rear, added two AA holders. So configuration could be one rear, or one rear and one front, or one front 2 rear. (Because changing batts adds up in a year, and if paid hourly when boss walks around corner and you are changing batts, it can irritate them.)

The one front and one rear is extremely balanced in my design.

So, I would guess this is a kick butt design--feeling like you aren't wearing anything on head--for those like my wife who freak out with anything on their head. While not ballsy enough for me, I give them two thumbs up on design. Looks incredibly well designed for what it is.

If priced under $20, I would pick it up, just to play with. I could see it useful for jogging, wife (Hey, could you wear this dear to clean a little better?), or as a loaner for some hard headed backyard mechanic working on my car/etc.

oronocova

Enlightened
Anyone seen this headlamp around? I haven't been able to find it online... I agree if it's around 20 bucks it will be a good deal. I also agree the exposed wires are not that great of a design, at least they could have ran both on the same side.

hopkins

Enlightened
Looks like it'll be easy to measure the current out of the battery with their setup. Some headlamps are very difficult.

Wonder what the circuit looks like to ramp the brightness? That alone makes
this headlamp very attractive if the battery drain parallels the lumen output
closely.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So looking forward to this light. Sure it could have been more like the ROV 1AA with a compact battery & LED together up front, which I presonally prefer, but it will still be one of the best HL on the market with variable output and a low low. Can't wait to see beamshots and reviews. I have enough HL myself, but I will get one of these for my brother.

BUMP!

likeguymontag

Enlightened
Yes, I soooo wished they had made the blue one white for a white low, then I'd have kept the one I bought.

No way, that light sucked. The high beam was an inefficient luxeon I and the boost circuit cut out suddenly leaving you in the dark. If there were a new version with a high-efficiency main LED and a boost circuit that gave you some warning before cutting out, and of course, if it had a low beam that was white instead of blue... Then it would be a good light. I think the only good thing about that light was the form factor.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty new to headlamps but I have enjoyed my three different Energizer HL.I have a small one for laptop, house work,a medium size for outside stuff and a large one for camping and 4 wheeling.I forget what they call the different sizes but they all use 3xAAA and I think the big one may use a k2.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really... Brightguy says they'll carry it when it is available to dealers. So until it's available, we wait I guess. :popcorn:

electrothump

Enlightened
No way, that light sucked. The high beam was an inefficient luxeon I and the boost circuit cut out suddenly leaving you in the dark. If there were a new version with a high-efficiency main LED and a boost circuit that gave you some warning before cutting out, and of course, if it had a low beam that was white instead of blue... Then it would be a good light. I think the only good thing about that light was the form factor.

Hmmmm, I think it these are pretty good lights. I've bought three, and have yet to have one fail. You DO get a small signal when the main light is about to go out, and then there is ample battery power left to power the red and blue leds. That gives you plenty time to find another battery, which is very easily changed in the dark. I've done it many times.

DN

pipsqueakspace

Newly Enlightened
Alright people I am happy to announce that i have an update for this much awaited headlamp. I emailed Energizer Customer Service about this product and after about 5 days they replied. They said...

"Thank you for visiting Energizer's Web site and for your inquiry.
The 1XAA Trailfinder Micro Headlamp will be available this summer.

Thank you for contacting Energizer. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us."

Hope this keeps you guys going until then :) I'm just happy I have something of a timeline. (who knows if they will stick to it though)