• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CPF Special Edition/Think Blue sign up list

magic79

Enlightened
I've probably missed it, but the description says:

"*User interchangable LED's, you can install 3watt, 5watt, K2"

but it doesn't say which LED comes with the light.

Can someone supply that info? Thanks!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will come with a Lux3

Thanks
Jon

I will try to get caught up on things soon. I have been absent for a little bit.

Arcoholic

Enlightened
Jon
just wondering who will handle Canadian orders?
How will faulty units be handled in the future( warranty)?
Will spare parts be avail.?
Can one get extra LED "carrier discs"?
And what is the timeframe here?
I am very interested to be put on the list as soon as questions are answered.
Forgive me if some of those questions were answered before, just got back to find this.

David

carrot

Flashaholic
Wow, I just popped over to take a look. That's one good looking design. Too bad I can't afford anything in that price range... I should start saving up for the regular version.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd really like to see a 5W setup. There are just way too many Lux 3 products out there, and plus, the lumileds are sliding in prices as of Jan 06. Cheers!

Geogecko

Enlightened
goldserve said:
I'd really like to see a 5W setup. There are just way too many Lux 3 products out there, and plus, the lumileds are sliding in prices as of Jan 06. Cheers!

I agree. I assume different reflectors would be needed, depending on a 3W or a 5W engine? Maybe not.

vontech

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I've had some HUGE medical expenses recently and will have to pull out of this one. Please remove my name from the list.

Thanks!

Tom

LowWorm

Enlightened
Word is that Angus has changed the programming to two settings: Good and Evil. The Good setting plays "You Are My Sunshine" and has a "happy yellow" beam tint. Evil takes "angry blue" to a whole new level and if you squint hard enough you can see subliminal cuss words in the beam artifacts.

Isn't that right, Jon?

Geogecko

Enlightened
I too, am unfortunately, going to have to wait on this one, due to some recent computer issues and other expenses. I probably won't make it for the CPF Special Edition, but hopefully, will be able to get one of the standard versions later on. This is defiantly on my list of "needed" items, and happens to be the only flashlight on the list. Hopefully, when I end up selling my L2, things will look a bit better for getting one of these.

Please keep us posted of when it will be available...

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about my long absence.

I want you all to know that this is still a live project.

We are busy right now preparing for the shotshow. People will get to touch and see the standard edition lights at the show and I am sure there will be lots of reports on this item.

I think when people are able to see them and use the software in real life it will no longer be vapor ware to people.

I will come back and try and address the questions that have been put out here.

Thanks
Jon

Last edited:

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
We plan on still doing this. We are working on some new twists to this design and will check in when we are closer to showing what we have done.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ones we are going to make are the ones seen in the other thread that Lowworm linked to.

The one seen in this thread is dead for the time being at least, we need to try and get the standard version out.