• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CR123 fenix P1D clicky body.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be very interested to see pics of it. That would also let me run a P1 head and an Aleph tailcap and get two levels of light. Could be very cool indeed... :popcorn:

Last edited:

Gary123

Enlightened
kooter said:
Matrixshamen, no problem, im always open to suggestions, i want this right as much as you. I have no way of anodising, so im affraid its bare metal. Sand blasted if you require, which IMO looks better.

I'm new, and these ideas may be off track for you, but here are some thoughts:
1) Anodizing problem: Personally, I don't like raw aluminum - it can pick up a hue, as well as stains. Any residue on the hands can transfer. Sandblasted steel could be a decent but not great match, but at least it will stay that way forever.
2) The action of the clickie: I think that to turn the light on and off when cycling through brightness stages, one would want a "reverse clickie" type of action.
3) Momentary: The better design will operate from the "off" position. I am not fond of the so called "reverse" momentary. Would be nice if you could combine a standard momentary action (like a Sure Fire) with a reverse momentary for cycling through stages.

Last edited:

helios

Newly Enlightened
Awesome, looking forward to some pics!
I love my P1D CE and making it more functional by adding a clickie and even making it a little longer will definitely improve its usefulness to me. I once tried puting it under my armpit during a traffic stop. Didn't work and I had to whip out my 2C ROP LE rather quickly and then wait for the offender to drive off in order to recover my P1D CE from where it had rolled under her car.

The natural Al is not really a problem for me since the black HA is almost totally worn off the rear end anyway. It gets a lot of heavy duty use.

Thanks for undertaking this project.

kooter

Enlightened
Im gonna do the first ones in stainless, but ally will be an option.

Will anyone be interested in a CR2 body??

dbhn

Newly Enlightened
Put me in line for one as well. Yes, I might be interested in CR2 as well if it shortens it.
Keep us posted.
Momemetary clickie will be key...

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
I'd be interested in one of the SS bodies too, probably the knurled version. I'll stay tuned for photos!
Just to clarify though, is the $35 for the body only or does that include the SF clicky?

Last edited:

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
NaturalMystic said:
I'd be interested in one of the SS bodies too, probably the knurled version. I'll stay tuned for photos!
Just to clarify though, is the $35 for the body only or does that include the SF clicky?

Disregard...I just realized the SF Z57 clickie is $30 to $37 by itself. Sorry...Brain cramp!

kooter

Enlightened
Experimenting today, and have completed two CR2 bodies. One knurled, one smooth. They work perfectly. Will post pics later today. Slightly smaller than the CR123 body will come in.
These will be the same price as for the 123, 35 bucks shipped, but if you want knurled its 5 bucks more, cos frankly its a pain in the *** knurling them.
You will get the idea from the pics even though its a CR2 body.
Will have a couple of 123 bodies done by the end of the week. :grin2: :grin2:

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
Kooter, Dan here.
Did you receive my email yesterday? Ya did an excellent work with my AA tube.
When will you ship it?

kooter

Enlightened
Right chaps, heres the pic of the CR2 bodies. They aint pretty, but they do the job. Dont know if anyone will be interested in them, but they are for sale before the 123 bodies. $35 smooth, $40 knurled. If you want one, first ill take it here gets it. I will get back to you with paypal details. Please state if you want knurled or smooth, sand blasted or as it comes. The pic is as it comes.

Ill have two CR123 bods by the end of the week. Please bear with me they take time. KOOTER:grin2:

DSC00423.jpg

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
kooter said:
Dan, didnt get your email, was waiting for the ok from you before i ship.

Your work is approved. Please ship ASAP Trackable and Fast way.
Feel free to to tell me how much would you ask to do so (Paypal).