• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CR2 Nexgen 500 Un-scientific runtime.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the flared CR2 body and ran a fresh battery with the Nexgen 500:

Ran at full brightness for 65 min.(fairly warm to touch)
Continued at decreasing output for another 57 min.(heat decreased)
A total of 2hrs 2 min. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I am not sure if it was a freak cell or what, but them ain't bad stats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I think you better hold onto that battery. That's one swell run time.

O, wait... You used it...

A luxmeter might have shown a drop before his eyeball did, but thats still a lot of useful light.

I think it is due to the stellar construction of the LE... OR maybe it was the E Vf emitter that was used...

Yeah, over an hour is awesome, Craig!

When I get a chance I will do it again to see if it was a fluke.
Just one concern, during the non-stop running the light gets quite warm, and that cute little CR2 body can't extract the heat, will this in any way hurt your(Darell's) superb LE?

As it is a Darell-built LE there shouldn't be any problem at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Seriously though, on a NG500 you should be safe anyway.
bernie

It's the Darell factor, making everything slightly more fuel efficient. You should read about the milage he gets on his EV /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
It's the Darell factor, making everything slightly more fuel efficient. You should read about the milage he gets on his EV /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen his EV up close and personal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif