Crate and Barell Light

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone get a shipping notice on these yet? I ordered a couple last Thursday, but no shipping info yet.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I've got my ship notice but UPS doesn't have any tracking info the last time I checked and...ah they do now finally. Tack it baby:

1Z23EW070308849570

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Ah, the excitement of tracking other peoples' merchandise! The adrenaline of watching it move every few hours from a distant warehouse to... some other distant location!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Google tracks packages, BTY.

I love how UPS can 'reschedule' a delivery date but I can't.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting to wonder if I should call. Still no shipping confirmation.

Edit: I got a shipping confirmation and my lights today. Pretty cool- I have one charging now, but even from the factory it was charged up enough to use. I can see where these will come in handy!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Crate and Barrel Light

I received mine as of 10:57am PDT today.
It's on the charger right now...the manual recommends charging for 10-12 hours prior to first use.
So it'll be awhile (maybe tonight; probably tomorrow) before I have a page for it up.

Saaby

Flashaholic

I'm supposed to get delivery today. Guess we'll see...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I'm starting to write my web page about this light now, but probably won't have anything ready until later this afternoon or evening. And it will be somewhat preliminary at that.

indenial

Enlightened

Received mine today. Nice little light with a metal case-I was anticipating some cheap plastic. Overall construction is what you'd expect from an inexpensive light. I haven't had a chance to check the beam in a darkened room yet.

I'm having problems with the switch, however. It doesn't spring back consistently, requiring that you push several times for it to re-engage. Anyone else have this experience?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Probably important, so I thought I'd better post it here.

The two telescopic arms of this light are "hot" at at least 2.4 volts DC when the flashlight is turned on.

So wrapping these arms in foil, throwing the light into a pile of steel wool (with the arms exposed), or throwing it into metal tools like screwdrivers and wrenches (with the arms exposed) is probably NOT a good idea when the light is on.

I posted this to my web page, so if it isn't read by somebody here, anybody visiting that page will know about it there.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have some Ikea halogen desk lamps with similar telescoping arms. Same deal. The arm themselves are hot. Must be fused, otherwise I can't imagine it passing UL.

Saaby

Flashaholic

Craig, the company whose name you cite--Lexon--is the designer/manufacturer.

14C

Enlightened

You guys shut up...I have not got mine yet.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
Craig, the company whose name you cite--Lexon--is the designer/manufacturer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you for that information.
I'll update the web page at once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif