Cree Drop in Surefire 6p

jake25

Enlightened
Hi, well the search feature is currently not working so i guess i'll make a thread

I want to get a Surefire 6p on ebay or something, maybe used and get a CREE P4 HO 170 lumen drop in

A few questions i might have..is it really drop in? how much experience do i need to do this.

I currently have the DX X.1 is there going to be a noticable difference in output?

I want to use 2 RCR123's so should i get the 6V-13V bulb?

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=1-25-114-115-6307

is there any bulb out there that is better than this that i should get?

is there anything else i need to know? any help appreciated thank you

bspofford

Enlightened
You should check the related thread on P60 modules "wave of the future." BTW the Q2 P60 module at SuperTactical is very white and bright. The Q2 5-mode P60 module from Dereelight is also bright, white and multi-mode. I do recommend that you purchse a high quality body that will last many years and try all the wonderful modules that are coming onto the market at very reasonable prices. Inserting a P60 module is about as hard as inserting batteries.

Taepo

Newly Enlightened
As was mentioned in one of the other replies, instead of getting an old 6p off ebay and buying a cree module, just get a new 6PL (with the surefire cree).

jbviau

Enlightened
Mike, could you possibly say more about the premium bins? Sounds interesting!

jake25

Enlightened
something i want to know is if i will really notice between the DX X.1 which i think is 100 lumen vs something thats 170+ lumen?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
jake25, you won't know what the lumen rating of a light will be until you test against other known lumen rated lights, such as SF lights. Testing could be with lightmeter using bounce, or using various lightbox testing methods, or taking it down and have a professional test it in an integrated sphere. A Cree Q5, or Seoul P4 should be able to put out the front about 160-170 lumens when driven at one amp to the led. This with a fairly smooth reflector, or very light textured orange peel finish.

You should be able to tell the difference between a 100 and 170 lumen light. You will certainly be able to tell the difference in run time if they both use the same size and type battery(s).

Bill