Current Mega Millions

turbodog

Flashaholic
OK, so even with hundreds of millions it wouldn't be possible to buy the company.

The sale is at the discretion of the owner/board of directors. Now you could buy using a proxy or under a dummy corporation name, but a responsible owner/board would probably find you out.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I`d buy a Massive peice of land far away from any complainers, fence it off, build a big stage and PA with all the lighting and couple of side stages and host a gigantic 3 day EDM Music festival each year heavily featuring new bands that haven`t been given a shot yet. I`d like to have a place for the tents and vans and stuff with a central dance area and lots of little stalls around the edge selling t-shirts and glow sticks etc...
I`d also buy a little country bookshop / coffee house, I`d also buy a car and hire a Driver (I don`t drive).
Much of the cash I`d buy physical Gold and Silver with and take delivery of it (if you can`t hold it, you don`t own it!) no need for fake insurance then.
This would be the First year taken care of :D

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ that's a good idea. Somewhere between 96-2000 my cousin went to a concert while he was in the navy (can't remember who he went to see) and evanescence opened for them. He said they got booed off stage before they even really got to play. People probably missed out on a pretty good show just for not knowing who they were and not giving them a shot.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ ..evanescence opened for them. He said they got booed off stage before they even really got to play. People probably missed out on a pretty good show just for not knowing who they were and not giving them a shot.

+

Just incredible coincidence !!!!!

I haven't purchased a CD in like 20 years & just a few days ago took delivery of Evanescence ~ Fallen

Absolutely true story.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have a video of the Cars way back when they had just released first album. The show was in a bar full of bearded disco dudes and Farah Fawcett haired dolls who were looking the Ben, Ric, Greg and Elliott like "whatthehell is this nonsense?" At the end of each song a few people kinda clapped. Drummer David Robinson was the only famous guy in the band back then although most these days would say "the Modern Lovers, never heard of them".
I also have a bootleg of the Beatles first gig after deciding to venture out from being Tony Sheridans band. Again it was a bar and they sang "I saw her standing there". At the end of the song you hear like 3 people clapping.

Now btt, on the way down the interstate yesterday I saw the giant billboard change from 999,999,99x to 1……
billion.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
January 23, 2021
DETROIT (AP) — Someone in Michigan bought the winning ticket for the $1.05 billion Mega Millions jackpot, which is the third-largest lottery prize in U.S. history.

The winning numbers for Friday night's drawing were 4, 26, 42, 50 and 60, with a Mega Ball of 24. The winning ticket was purchased at a Kroger store in the Detroit suburb of Novi, the Michigan Lottery said.