Flashaholic
SureFire 6C has to be a classic :eek:

Regards,
Adam

6C?
whats 6C again?
the earliest of surefire catalogs [1996] said nothing of 6Cs
heres a scan for those who liked pics on a thread
the old turboheads look so ungodly awesome.....almost ridiculous ;)
wonder why surefire took out the batonlite though, if its collapsible I'd buy something of that sort over E2D anyday :grin2:

higher resolution available

How about the Winelights?

E1W & E2W

any light that was of a limited run is going to pull us all the way to purple A2s again :laughing:

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
6C?
whats 6C again?
the earliest of surefire catalogs [1996] said nothing of 6Cs
heres a scan for those who liked pics on a thread

higher resolution available

any light that was of a limited run is going to pull us all the way to purple A2s again :laughing:

The SureFire 6C (or just SureFire 6...I'm not sure. Mine just says "SureFire 6" but perhaps Size15s could clear things up) came before the 6P was introduced. It is very different to the modern SureFire lights - it is activated by turning the bezel rather than via a tailcap. As far as I know it is one of the very first lights SureFire made back in the days of Laser Products, if not the very first. My knowledge on the matter is fairly sketchy though, where's Al? :whistle:

Regards,
Tempest

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Surefire collection is complete without these two classics:

The 6P and Z2...probably just as iconic as the M6. :) I have BOG Q5 LED drop-ins for these too...so they're not outdated, that's for sure!

And that's a Pelican 1060 Case, if anyone's wondering...

Illum

Flashaholic
The new E2L seems to me that it will become a classic!

putting "new" and "classic" in the same sentence sounds a bit contradictory don't you think :)?
its certainly a good candidate for the overall best value award....but classic?

ah, Surefire 6.....this fella [Circa 1988 :thinking:]

Image used without original poster arewethereyetdad's permission
rehosted from http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=80055

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the one :D Beautiful light. Interesting to see how far SureFire has come since then.

Regards,
Tempest

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I agree with the previous posts so far, the true "Genre-defining" Classic SF's are;

6P - where it all began, this is the Macintosh 128k of lights, it started a revolution in high-performance, pocketable lighting technology
A2 Aviator; first regulated incan, succesful integration of LED and incan, soft-start bulb tech, wide flood and throw in the same light, with no need to refocus
the Executive series; extreme modularity and customizability in an even smaller, more pocket-freindly size
M6 series; spotlight power in a small package

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
GL2 + 6PD + U2. Fountain Valley? I never realized that I was only 35 miles from SF HQ...

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget the 618FA...this opened up the door for dedicated fore-end flashlights...and probably made alot of LE go out and replace there mag's/streamlight w/ SF Hnadhelds!!!