Custom Maglite Tri/Quad Luxeon up to 12 watts from 1 to 2 NIMH D cells (9-12Ah)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zot:
The 12aH batts are about $20 for a pair at www.thomasdistributing.com.

I found that the cheapest charger for D nimh's is a $10 over at www.batterystation.com.

Northern lights - no levels control (if you mean multiple stage), but you can request what level the u-bins will be run at...

Flash Harry

Newly Enlightened
Zot said:
MM,

Would you make this with a host provided by a customer?
I am thinking about the mil-spec haIII m*gs that are being offered in one of the group buys.

Thanks.

I had the of intention of building one of these myself with the 2D mil-spec haIII I have just bought. Having a pro build it would be more sensible.

How about it MM?

Raybo

Enlightened
I had a thought, what if I sent you my FM 3" head, what kind of a throw monster could you make for me? (and I do not care about runtime!)

I just want it maxed out!

Let me know MM,

Ray

Zot

Enlightened
MillerMods said:
I still have intentions of making a PIC version, but I still can't say for sure when I'll get to it. I hope before the end of this year. It still remains one of my ideal light ideas which means I gotta have it and I will have it.

With the PIC an eventual option, will it be possible to upgrade a light you are making now, with the PIC at a later date? Or is that not a feasible option? Will the PIC version be compatable with all the tri/quad 1 and 2 D cell versions?

Thanks.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zot said:
With the PIC an eventual option, will it be possible to upgrade a light you are making now, with the PIC at a later date? Or is that not a feasible option? Will the PIC version be compatable with all the tri/quad 1 and 2 D cell versions?

Thanks.

I won't be able to offer the option of upgrading later.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
wptski said:
Still nothing on the 1 D versions yet?

Sorry, just too busy with other projects that are much more popular right now. I hope not to let this thread die, but it'll be awhile before I ever get back to it.

I'm still taking orders for the 2D Tri/Quad single stage versions though.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Btw, pp sent last week for a U-bin UX1J Quad-lux. Just for my records wanted to post on here =)

Zot

Enlightened
Any news on a micro-controller (PIC) version?
By years end?
Or most likely a 2007 option?
Thanks.

Rommul

Enlightened
Hi, Mark.

Have you ever considered selling self contained modules instead of complete lights? What I mean by that is many people like myself have invested money into expensive Hard Anodised hosts that we would like to use for a variety of uses. With one of these lights the mdolues would be hard wired into the switch basically monopolising the host.

If you made a module designed around the PTS2 that had a simple way to connect to a PR base I think it would be very popular.

The PTS2 has space for a driver to be potted in the base. The PTS2 can screw into a mag head so it can be moved from host to host.

Just think of the possibilities.

I could have a Tri-Lux with three SXOH stars and use it in my FM 1D mag with one of the forthcoming D-Li-Ions or in the event of a black out move it to my 3D mag with three alkalines for long runtime, or even to my MM 2D HAIII mag with 3C's when I don't need as much runtime.

Anyway its just something I thought I would bring up.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
The questions you have answer when you sell the drivers by themselves can be a bit of a hassle. I personally prefer to avoid doing that.

Thanks,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.