Destructive Incan Bulb Tests - Updated 8/27/2010 (Newer Info Added)

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was a bit late to the party (since '08), but I'm still here. :au:
I have always found your tests very helpful!

Last edited:

strideredc

Enlightened
I still use the lists and loads of the info you have put up here. I can't be the only one! work like this never becomes irrelevant...

I have a few soda can many thousands lm. Good for lighting up a large area... I would be more upset to scratch even a g2 😉 in my incan collection than lose all my soda can lights!

bridgman

Enlightened
Doubt many incan fans left now. I'm still here.
Lots of incandescent fans still here, although it gets a bit more difficult every year. I'm kicking myself for not buying more bi-pin sockets, baattery holders and bulbs though... I'm down to a 2C ROP low, a 2D WA1111, a Surefire with HO lamp, and a 3D Mag85 that needs a bulb *and* a battery pack since my last 9 cell NiMH stick is now refusing to charge.

EDIT - forgot the Magcharger with some kind of upgraded bulb (1160 if memory serves). OK, maybe things aren't so bad :unsure:

There seem to be a lot of cheap 6V 20W bi-pin bulbs on Amazon - I have a pack on the way to see how they behave with a bit of prodding. Just remembered that those bulbs are Osram 64250's which you have already covered. Excellent !

I'm starting to see interest going back towards incandescent, in the same way that people are going from low-res digital back to vinyl. I have had a few people now refer to my incandescent lights as "real flashlights"... people seem to be getting tired of cool white.

Thanks very much for all the great information you have brought to the forum (and to the great unwashed like me).

EDIT - 3 bi-pin sockets, 20+ bulbs and a few aluminum reflectors later I'm feeling much better about the future of incandescent :D

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Links to spreadsheets aren't working in OP, and original urls are missing. I suspect it is photobucket's periodic extortion schemes.

(note to members:
DO NOT USE PHOTOBUCKET IMAGE HOSTING.)

So I went back to an archive.org snapshot, the only one, and looked at the html source, scraped the original photobucket links, downloaded all the spreadsheets and reuploaded them to imgur in order. imgur sucks, too, but at least they don't engage in extortion, hosting is paid for by ads.

Here you go: https://imgur.io/a/hKv1kzi

With imgur, they make it hard to see the full resolution. So you copy the link of the image it shows (by right-clicking and "copy link," or press and hold on tablets), such as

change "medium" to "grand," delete "&shape=thumb", and change the maxwidth to, say, 1200, thusly:

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Links to spreadsheets aren't working in OP, and original urls are missing. I suspect it is photobucket's periodic extortion schemes.

(note to members:
DO NOT USE PHOTOBUCKET IMAGE HOSTING.)

So I went back to an archive.org snapshot, the only one, and looked at the html source, scraped the original photobucket links, downloaded all the spreadsheets and reuploaded them to imgur in order. imgur sucks, too, but at least they don't engage in extortion, hosting is paid for by ads.

Here you go: https://imgur.io/a/hKv1kzi

With imgur, they make it hard to see the full resolution. So you copy the link of the image it shows (by right-clicking and "copy link," or press and hold on tablets), such as

change "medium" to "grand," delete "&shape=thumb", and change the maxwidth to, say, 1200, thusly:

Well I have extra money, so bought a year with Photobucket again. However with this new forum I cannot figure out how to have the small thumbnails in OP hyperlink to the high res images, so I am just adding a high res link above thumbnail images.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I don't see my bulb on here, unless I'm missing it.
There was a chart for the 64665 right? It was the 400 watt 500 hour 36 volt bulb
Like it's low hour brother the 64663 (400 watt 50 hour 36 volt) Also absent.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Actually, I don't see my bulb on here, unless I'm missing it.
There was a chart for the 64665 right? It was the 400 watt 500 hour 36 volt bulb
Like it's low hour brother the 64663 (400 watt 50 hour 36 volt) Also absent.

I did not test any above 24V. I double checked all my photobucket charts.