Did I jump the gun on my first flashlights?

David-88

Newly Enlightened
Another one that might fit you criteria if you ever go for any more, i have although there may be a newer updated version as i havn't been on here in years now the fenix pd35, sorry if someone has already mentioned it just had a quick read, i love mine ad the UI is great on it to i'm night shift security and it's a great compact light that packs a punch

Deeohgie

Newly Enlightened
Well, since I sent back the nitecore ea41, I have purchased two more lights. I bought a cheap TFCFL CREE XM-L T6 10000 Lumen for $34, which made me want a nice light that had flood to it. So I bought an EagTac SX25L3 MT-G2. I have to honestly say, that this cheap light has almost as much throw, flood, and is almost just as bright as this EagTac running ORBTRONIC 3500mah 18650's. It's definitely not the caliber of light as the eagletac and it doesn't fill the spill area in like the EagTac, but overall I can't complain about it. The color of the EagTac SX25L3 is much better and I will use it a lot more than the cheap one. I would probably be afraid to drop the other light and I don't know how long it will even last, but a guy at work has had one for a few months and uses it every night, so I figured I'd try it. I am definitely glad I bought the SX25L3 though, it's an awesome light for sure.

So now I am getting ready to order another light and more 3500mah batteries. I'm almost 97% sure I'm going to order the EagleTac MX30L3 XH-P50 J4. I really like the review that going gear did on it and I like the throw and overall beam of it. It puts out a nice amount of light along with a nice hot spot. I'm going to hold off on ordering it until early am incase someone here can turn me on to another light. I was hoping that two lights would be the end of it, but it's only January and I've bought 4 lights since last Monday :twothumbs

Deeohgie

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the wife is already teasing me about it because I'm still looking at other lights after I told her that these lights would do everything I needed a light to do. But at least she in a teasing mood about it... But I expect that to change after the next couple of lights. I ended up ordering the MX30L3 XH-P50 J4, so hopefully it will be here Mon or Tues.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
So for my edc I bought the ThruNite TN12 2016 XP-L NW with Orbtronic 3500mAh 18650 protected batteries. For my other light I bought the Nitecore EA41 2015 XM-L2 U2 with Panasonic BK-3HCCE4BE Eneloop Pro AA batteries. - these are good for your first two lights, being in this forum unfortunately, will cause you to end up with more lights. :)

welcome to flashaholism! :)

Deeohgie

Newly Enlightened
I've already caught the bug... The EagleTac MX30L3 XH-P50 J4 I received a couple weeks ago came doa. We're thinking the emitter possibly came loose some how, because the white button flashes blue to show how charged the batteries are, but it just won't turn on. So it's been returned and I decided to upgrade to the MX30L4-C XP-L HI V2 Neutral White. So hopefully it will be shipped out soon and I'll be enjoying a new light to go with my other ones.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats bro! The bug has bitten us more than ten years ago, and still continues to this day :)

Deeohgie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks man! I talked to Tod and it sounds like it'll be 2-3 weeks until it ships, so hopefully it will be what I'm looking for.