Discharging Tenergy C Cells

ko4nrbs

Newly Enlightened
I have several 5000mah Tenergy Premium C cells I plan to discharge and then recharge to see if their capacity has degraded over the 5 years I have had them. I have read to discharge them using .9vdc per cell at 1C (500 ma). Is this the correct numbers I should use? I am using a 10 cell holder with a couple of Hobby Chargers that enables me to discharge 10 cells in series in order to speed up the process. So using the .9vdc for ten cells I would set the discharge voltage cutoff to 9vdc?

Any suggestions or corrections??

Bill

sbj

Newly Enlightened
The standard discharge current is always 0.2C. In your case, 1000mA. For the discharge end voltage, NiMh traded two values: 0.9 and 1.0V. I always set 0.9V.
If you want to know the performance of each cell, you have to charge and discharge them individually.

If you would use the serial connection, the weaker cells would be discharged too low at power off. The stronger ones on the other hand, could still provide some energy.
So you have no information about, what the single cell still can deliver.

ko4nrbs

Newly Enlightened
The standard discharge current is always 0.2C. In your case, 1000mA. For the discharge end voltage, NiMh traded two values: 0.9 and 1.0V. I always set 0.9V.
If you want to know the performance of each cell, you have to charge and discharge them individually.

If you would use the serial connection, the weaker cells would be discharged too low at power off. The stronger ones on the other hand, could still provide some energy.
So you have no information about, what the single cell still can deliver.
Well it looks like discharging them in Series is not the way to go. I will have to buy a couple more chargers so it doesn't take so long.
Thanks for the reply.
Bill