Does anybody know anything about a brand called Niwalker?

archimedes

Flashaholic
I get quite a few results by searching CPF for "Niwalker" ... :shrug:

After glancing at a few of those threads, it seems that they specialize in very high output torches.

Let us know your thoughts after you receive it, the form factor is sure distinctive. Reminds me a little bit of Lupine lights somewhat.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an MM18. It's been going strong for a few years. Very versatile light. Innovative company that thinks outside the box. It seems to me theut market is for enthusiasts as opposed to the general public.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Niwalker is the pioneer that started the "popcan" thing with the MM15. Please see: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...G2-4x18650)-REVISED-Prototype-Review-RUNTIMES

This was my second real quality/performance flashlight, Nov. 2014, 5,233 lumens. Selbuilts' review of this item had me utterly transfixed for weeks. I could not take another breath until I had it in my hands. No classic collection is complete without this ground-breaking hand-held floodlight.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Richbuff I too remember when the MM15 came out and we were all amazed by it's output. I believe the closest thing at the time would have been Nitecore's TM26 and it was only like 2500 or 2900 lumens in a lot bigger light. I remember being amazed what the little thing could do. Never did pick one up though.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an MM18JR, and while it's a nice bright light, I can't say it's very robust. I dropped it once, from less than 3 feet, onto a fairly soft linoleum floor. One of the switches broke, so now it only works with the main switch. I can't see any sign of physical damage, but obviously something broke loose inside. IMO, it should have easily survived a drop like that.

So, treated with care, NiWalker makes nice lights. But they need to work on the toughness.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be interested to see what this light is like. The specifications for it are a bit all over the place. Amazon in places lists it as 3000 lumens, but in the description, say 1000. Niwalkers webpage shows it as putting out 5500 lumens. I only paid $20.00 for it, which is what I would have spent buying a cheapie at Walmart, so if it is made fairly well, even if the output is only 1000 (which is probably the most accurate spec), it will be worth it! Amazons description also says it is three feet long, and that is not true. :eek::shrug::thinking:

scout24

Flashaholic
I have a 2x123 single level 200lm thrower made by Niwalker that's probably 8+ years old. A good friend here reviewed a few lights for them, and he sent me one... I have debated having it upgraded, but kind of like it as-is. :)

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the light in today. Initial impressions are this:

1. Finish is very good
2. The light has a good weight and feels solid
3. Have not fully tested it, but it appears to have very good heat sinking at the head. I am hoping this light will not burn my hands or things I point it at on high!
4. UI is different and instructions are a bit confusing.
5. The lights cap and power switch do not look like they were pictured.
6. Instructions give another max lumen rating of 800 where 5 modes are shown as .5, 30, 200, 400, and 800 lumens. The first part of the manual says output is 3000 lumens, but no mention of made is the rest of the directions. If you press and hold the power button, this is apparently "turbo". Maybe this is 3000 lumens. It is a very bright floody beam, but I have no way of measuring it.

I will be taking the light with me next week out in the country when we visit my wife's parents for Christmas. Will test it more during night walks!

Latest posts