Does your partner have any interest in your flashlight collection,or none at all

tops2

Enlightened
I've always tried to not talk too much about any of my hobbies as it bores her to death too! Usually she'll just wait for me to finish talking then move to something else. Good thing I usually don't go overboard buying a ton of stuff so she doesn't question me about my purchases. :grin2:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
She cant really escape it in our house, there are lights all over(not literally but in most rooms). She often gets dragged to Callums collection and shows her his 27 and counting lights! She is happy he has his collection and sometimes uses his or mine. She knows about vinh as one name and a few more members here, she knows that CPF is a good forum! If i mention certain names, she can tell me a little about them and sometimes asks about them too.

She appreciates tints being into photography/filming, she is impressed with some lights as well. She has a little tubeVN on her keys, flashlight/s in her purse/bag as well..........defo not a flashaholic though, defo not interested in the latest and greatest etc. Her uses are more around back garden etc so keeps an eagle eye X2 beater near the back door.

Now and then she shows a little interest in some modded lights, has a go etc ........Put it this way, if i offered her "another" light , she would not say "no thanks!" :laughing:

She knows i use them as tools, also its a hobby and interest that i share with my little one............so pretty cool i guess.

Same here Ven. My wife was the one who picked a polished silver tone Energizer over a same ole same ole light that I actually preffered. I was torn between a 3 click ui light that was a good budget tac light or the single mode energizer. So I asked her and glad she chose that energizer.

Then when some Icon lights arrived she stopped what she was doing long enough to say 'those look cool'.

And she knows the difference between certain brands and how they operate.

The only time her eyes glaze over during flashlight speak is when I start talking about the forum.

ven

Flashaholic
Same here Ven.

The only time her eyes glaze over during flashlight speak is when I start talking about the forum.

Well her eyes do a bit, i am on here quite a bit but not as much as it looks as a lot of the time i am off doing something and tab left open for example(shows online).

I tend to get 1/2hr in the morning(odd time on phone), may post, may not, maybe on at night and post 1 time or 20 times :laughing:..........or none.

If i am on here and Callum is about, he will look at the pics of the lights , down side is................."i want that" "i want that"..............x10

She has been shown a few pics on here over the time:)

ven

Flashaholic
Ven, just tell her you want to "Light up her life".

:laughing: can see the reaction now after being "vinh'd"

:naughty: i may have told her i will shove 1 or 2 of them over time somewhere (in a jk manner of course). :laughing: :thinking:eek:r was it the other way round! guess you guys may know that answer :laughing: ;)

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
She cant really escape it in our house, there are lights all over(not literally but in most rooms)... She knows about vinh as one name and a few more members here, she knows that CPF is a good forum! If i mention certain names, she can tell me a little about them and sometimes asks about them too.

These apply to my wife, too - and she knows the difference between "ven" and "vinh"!

LGT

Enlightened
My wife has no interest in the hobby but likes to use whatever lights I have laying around.
Same here. As long as they're easy to use and tail stand (uses them in hotel rooms when traveling) she appreciates having a flashlight.
Other then that, no interest. But that's fine by me. As long as she has a good light and knows how to operate it, I'm happy.
Plus she's never complained about the money I spend on my lights

UnderPar

Enlightened
None at all. Byt she always appreciate it whenever there is power outage or when she needs to use it.

PartyPete

Enlightened
My wife doesn't understand yet that there's cheap lights and then there are good lights.

She got our son a 3 pack of Dorcy AA lights for exploration and boy scouts. He'll use them, but when it's pitch black he always goes and steals one of my Fenix lights - I don't blame him, the Dorcys have horrible artifacts, horrific throw and it's near impossible to get the contacts seated properly to even turn the thing on.

Come Spring, once camping starts up again, he's getting a real light.

Now in the meantime, I'm off to search for my Fenix he seems to have nisplaced... [emoji6]

pageyjim

Enlightened
My wife prefers the vintage flashlights to the modern ones as far as collecting goes. When she needs a light to use of course that's not the case.

Dimo

Newly Enlightened
My wife doesn't care at all. As far as she's concerned this is good enough. And she uses it all the time.

a9f89a9d5ed550445916181b65672ed7.jpg

OCD

Enlightened
My wife has zero interest and even less with each new light I get. With that being said, I just got a couple of DQG Spys and she wanted the Thrunite Ti2 on her keys replaced with a Spy because "its smaller". She then put the Ti2 in her purse. She gives me trouble for the number of lights I have and kids me about how many lights I have on me when at an evening, outdoor event. But I think she appreciates the fact that I ALWAYS have a light at the ready.

jak

Enlightened
My wife fakes an interest and I love it. Her first question usually is "How much was that one?" and then will ask what I think of the tint, just to amuse me.

She texted me this the other day when she was investigating an issue with the dishwasher.

cpf-h52-in-use.jpg