doom 3

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not think so
a friend of mine has a 2.4 celeron with very little or no l2 cache and he has slow memory

it is not as fast as my 1.8 ghz p4 with 256kb l2 cache memory and 256mb 400 mhz rambuss memory

I guess it would depend on the specific hardware configurations

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
my 2000mhz celeron crapper is sloooooooow.
can't even run things that require only 800mhz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
stockwiz said:
Indeed.. most of us flashoholics here would find the lighting horrible.. indeed many non flashoholics do as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I started owning SF lights, every time I find myself in a dark place in the game, I'm wondering WHY THE HECK does the ingame weapon not have a Millenium Universal System on it plus a P90 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No doubt it will be the same for Doom 3.. WHERE'S MY LIGHT? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmm, reminds me I gotta go pick up my copy later today. The world will then come to a standstill....or not. I think the only reason why the world hasn't taken the week off to play Doom 3 is because few have the video card to do it. Me included, I'm running the ATI Radeon 9200 128MB, which is essentially the weakest card (excepting the SE) in the 9000-series lineup.

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened
i think they made it so u can't have a pistol and flashlight out together is to make the game more scary. there are times in the game where u need a flashlight but don't wanna use it because u want a gun out. i think the flashlight is very cool in the game. it's defnitly the most realistic looking beam i have seen in a video game yet.

Frangible

Enlightened
It's a good mini-maglite simulator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm waiting for the "Surefire" mod.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read a few user reviews thus far and indeed horrible lighting is a common complaint. Complaints of indeed needing a top end system and overhypeness (is that a word?) were frequent as well.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
I've read a few user reviews thus far and indeed horrible lighting is a common complaint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, from the sounds of it, looks like M*glite got to the developers first before anyone else... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Might have to buy this game for my new PC. From what I've read, it sounds pretty sweet!

My new CPU set-up (for what matters here):

P4 3.2GHz
1Gb Ram
400MHz bus
120 GB hard Drive
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro
Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum sound card
17" flat screen
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Hopefully this one will get me through about another 5-6 years before upgrading again like my last one did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
get rid of the 17" flat screen and get a trinitron monitor
most flat screens (not all) suck for games
I love my 21 inch sony trinitron monitor
it kicks lcd ***