Door Bell LED light not working - help plz

gtz102

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I recently brought a new door bell set (wireless) , once batteries installed the LED did work but as I mounted the door bell push button outside my wall, I accidently slightly bent the LED thingy connector. Now I straightened it up but now the LED light doesn't come on. I looked behind the circuit board and the solder has slightly come off the circuit I think, do you think by resoldering it, it would work or is it gone completely now?

Norm

Retired Administrator
Welcome to CPF :)
Re soldering should fix things, the track may be broken away on the board so make sure you bridge the gap with solder or if necessary follow the track back and solder a fine piece of wire in place of the track.
Norm

Last edited:

gtz102

Newly Enlightened
should I just resolder on top of the existing one or take off the old solder first?

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
Solder it, no need to remove the top layer as long as you don't flood it but even then that's not an issue unless it's touching other metal parts...

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
*sometimes* in this case reflow works OK - this means you just hold the LED where it should be (to hold the broken solder close to the board) and heat it up briefly until it flows, then let go. Note that sometimes this gives a dry joint but on the couple of occasions I have needed to do this it has been fine. If you are going to do this make sure the solder left is clean first.

Latest posts