Dorcy 2AA LED

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have one of the Dorcy 2AA LEDs or evaluated them? I saw them in a sporting goods store for $25. I don't remember if they are single or 3 LEDs.

Jerry

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, the 4LED 2AA was the one I was thinking of. I guess that they are not widly available.
I hope Walmart gets other Dorcy lights in the near future.

I did not realize that Dorcy made the small keychain lights. I wonder what they are like? I have the 1AAA and it is the brightest of the small lights I have.

http://www.dorcy.com/led_keychains.htm

Jerry

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The 4LED 2AA gives a fairly good output (almost as bright as an Innova X5t. The head is removable.

The LEDs are not matched particularly well and they are run in parallel. This allows some individual LEDs to be a little dimmer than others.

I find that on mine, I can unscrew the head a little (1/4 turn) and have only one, two or three LEDs light up. I did not bother to measure the current to see if that would give longer run-time.

Around here you can buy them at Orchard Supply, a Sears subsidiary. About $16 US.

Daniel

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get one, be carfull with the head; I tied mine too tight to get all the leds to work but when I wanted to remove the head, I heard something break inside. After removing the head, I saw that the four metalic pins (that are nothing more than the leds' legs) all broke. These leds are now on the candles I made with old AA to d cell holders and the body is now the host of a 1w mod...

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one on ebay for $15.89 including shipping.
After trying the Dorcy 1AAA I was hoping that the 2AA light would be as impressive proportionally. It seems that it is not that impressive.

Although I haven't seen the Inova X5T, I am under the imperssion that it is not a very bright light. Evidently I expected too much from the 2AA Dorcy.

I will know in a week or so, and will post my impressions.
Thanks for the warning regarding the head adjustments.

Jerry

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JerryM said:
I hope Walmart gets other Dorcy lights in the near future.

I did not realize that Dorcy made the small keychain lights.

http://www.dorcy.com/led_keychains.htm

Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that Dorcy had the additional little lights out either. If Wal-Mart ever begins stocking those things in quantity, I suspect that Mag will have effectively missed out on their opportunity for any significant portion of the LED market.