Dream Job/Career?

KD5XB

Enlightened
Not eyesight man, mine is perfect.

More money than anything...

Exactly the problem here.

About 20 years ago, I spent a LOT of money -- and I came away with Commercial, Single-Engine Land, Instrument Airplane, and Private Privileges, Single-Engine Sea.

I made one pleasure flight of about an hour right after getting my Commercial check ride done -- and then the money ran out. I'm not even current enough to sit in the seat and crank the engine to check out the lights or radio or anything else.

Some dreams just don't happen. :poof:

It's been around 17 years since I last flew.

I sure did want a job flying after I retired from working on airplanes in the military. Oh well, now I "fly" an 18-wheeler down the road. :mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:

roguesw

Enlightened
To be a screen play writer and to work in Hollywood.
I am an English teacher teaching English in Japan but currently working
with a friend writing scripts and screenplays. Hope to break into Hollywood one day.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two words: Myth Busters.

Seriously, I am living my dream. I was fortunate enough to be in a position allowing me to cash in on the booming housing market, and was also fortunate to get out before it went to hell. I retired last year at age 28, with sufficient investments to make my wife and I financially secure regardless of how long we live, provided we don't go buying any mega-yachts or small countries. I work a day or two a week at gainful employment for the change of pace or if a particularly lucrative job comes my way, and spend the rest of the time spoiling my wife and building an off-grid house on our woodlot.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
I'd like to be the host of a show on the food network, something that takes me all over the world eating food paid for by my employer...

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I had a job, that while not perfect was pretty darned good - work was enjoyable, pay was good, benefits very good, co-workers a great bunch, manager a bit disorganized, and not running the dept the way most of us thought was best, but well enough..

Then I got layed off on Tuesday after 12 years

Life goes on

Kraeken

Newly Enlightened
I'm living my dream job. I'm a NYC firefighter, and I do B&W landscape photography in my free time. Need flashlights for both!

acruxksa

Newly Enlightened
Ships Captain (unlimited tonnage oceans) great pay and I only work 120 days a year. Pretty much doesn't get any better. I could do without the crappy weather in the winter, but other than that things are good.

My career (18yrs since college) has allowed me to travel extensively. I've managed to circumnavigated the globe, cross the equator and dateline numerous times and visit more than 2 dozen countries on every continent except Antarctica.

Last edited: