"Dropped my A2" rant

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the slight off-topic, but... Al, didn't you say at one point that if you could have only one light, it would be the A2. Is that correct?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sheryl Crow!?! Sheryl Crow!?!

Are you kidding me! Her version doesn't even belong on the same page!!

Holy Smokes, Batman, the kids they are gettin' younger!!:)

Bill

Size15's

Flashaholic
socom1970 said:
Sorry for the slight off-topic, but... Al, didn't you say at one point that if you could have only one light, it would be the A2. Is that correct?
Difficult question because my answer is based on my situation. I've not EDC'd an A2 for many months. For my urban life-style the L2 is fine. If I spent more time outdoors in a more rural setting then I would swap back to the A2...

Al

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buffalohump said:
:awman:
IMO the best thing ever invented for flashlight nuts is the lanyard. As soon as I pick up a light I slip the lanyard over my wrist. Around the neck is another good option.

I had my M6 hanging on my neck and the big ring attaching to the M6 body broke, resulting in my M6 falling to the concrete floor. I am 5' 8" and I am surprised that it did not suffer even a ding. Just emailed Surefire to complain about a rather bad design on the ring.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
pjandyho said:
I had my M6 hanging on my neck and the big ring attaching to the M6 body broke, resulting in my M6 falling to the concrete floor.
dude how do you were an m6 around your neck thats like hanging an m@glite around it. i bet your neck was sore the next day

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
pj,

That's bizarre! I tried to break mine, (I had 2 for some reason!?!) hoping it would act as a break away. Even with my 118 Kilos on it it just deformed. I ended up incorporating the break away in the lanyard.

I'm not real fond of the design myself, it seems a cheap compromise compared to the rest of the light, but it is effective.

benchmade, the M6 doesn't weigh as much as it looks like it does, it's considerably lighter than a 2D Mag for instance.

Bill

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
benchmade_boy said:
dude how do you were an m6 around your neck thats like hanging an m@glite around it. i bet your neck was sore the next day
bwaite is right. The M6 is really light in weight. Had it hanging on my neck the whole trek and I don't feel a thing. In fact, after a while you forget about it's existence when fatique on your leg sets in.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
bwaites said:
pj,

That's bizarre! I tried to break mine, (I had 2 for some reason!?!) hoping it would act as a break away. Even with my 118 Kilos on it it just deformed. I ended up incorporating the break away in the lanyard.

Bill

I don't know. It broke at the part where the ring is joint by solder or something like that.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to look at mine tonite, but I can't remember any solder joint in mine, it seems to be one continous piece, I assumed it was spot welded and then finished.

Bill