E Series Lego

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks,

I've been taking stock of old lights/components in my inventory and there's a few E series in there:

Vital Gear FB2 Black body with an E2D head containing an LED multi-level tower (maybe Koala or Tana, can't remember). I'll probably keep this one as-is.

Vital Gear E2C black adapter

Vital Gear FB2 HA Nat body with Vital Gear SF P series compatible head and an old (XP-G iirc) drop-in

Vital Gear FB3 HA Nat body

TLS Cree Q5 1 cell HA Nat head

Ti VME head (from recent GB)

I'm keen to play lego with the above parts, happy to stick with primaries as the end results will probably be stashed at our second home (which can be susceptible to power cuts). I've been out of touch with the flashlight market for the past few years but old habits die hard….

Over and above any general suggestions recommendations from the good folks at CPF, I have some specific questions:

The O rings on the VG bodies are in a bad way. Can anybody recommend a source for replacements please?

The Ti VME head is a recent acquisition, could/should it be paired with an HA body or should I track down suitable Ti components to match? If so, any suggestions as to sources please?

I'm seriously considering pairing the FB3 body with the VG P series head and a Malkoff 9 series drop-in, would this work?

Could the TLS 1 cell head be updated with a modern LED (if possible to accept higher voltage as well)? Any recommended modders?

Apologies for the brain dump, it's as much for me to take stock as anyone else!

Cheers

Dave

nbp

Flashaholic
I have had good success with theoringstore. You can find them online and they have every dash number and material you could want. Buna-n and viton are cheap and durable and resistant to most lubricants.

McGizmo sells very good E series compatible clicky packs in titanium for several battery configurations.

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
I have had good success with theoringstore. You can find them online and they have every dash number and material you could want. Buna-n and viton are cheap and durable and resistant to most lubricants.

McGizmo sells very good E series compatible clicky packs in titanium for several battery configurations.

Thanks very much! Just the sort of info I was looking for.

Cheers

Dave

bignc

Enlightened
Nice collection, Dave!

I just went to theoringstore dot com! I'd love to get a general purpose o- ring assortment without having to buy metric AND standard. One red neck kit would be sweet lol!