E2DL Spread in 2008 catalog

paulr

Flashaholic
I think *you* do not understand it. Besides marketing being a necessity for anyone who wants to sell outside of a small niche ... look at Mag or LedLenser for instance ... way more marketing than SF does, and way cheaper lights. There must be *something* else resonsible for the price of a SF.
Q.E.D.
:rolleyes:
bernie

Whether SF's are expensive is a matter of perspective. I personally think of them as midpriced, mass market lights by CPF standards, with the McLux and Spy series and the like as being the expensive ones. SF's are well made and technically advanced. There are several SF lights on my "want" list, though the E2DL isn't one of them. I'm just a bit concerned about the direction of the marketing.

Anyway, since the thread title specifically is about the catalog spread, it's perfectly on topic to be discussing the catalog spread's content and presentation as separated from the characteristics of the E2DL itself.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr, i was about to contend the "technically advanced" thing, but then i remembered a thread about the guts of a U2, crazy stuff going in there..:thumbsup:

On the ad..Isnt it abit misleading? i mean, its more or less genearal consensus that flashlights as weapons are chancy, very "depends on the situation"

But it loooks absolutely fantastic though...and well it IS an EXD series...

not to say that surefire is intenationally misleading people, they are advertising for a E series Defender light, so it makes perfect sense

Crenshaw

Last edited:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
What if this is reversed? What if the hot girl is the 'bad guy', and the dude is the 'good guy' standing his ground against her.

Just a thought.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
What if this is reversed? What if the hot girl is the 'bad guy', and the dude is the 'good guy' standing his ground against her.

Just a thought.

LOL.

What's she going to do, kiss him into submission?
Maybe if I'm really lucky, someday an attractive woman will corner me down an alley. :D

From the body language of the Attacker in the photo, he's either holding a gun or a hardcover book.

frisco

Enlightened
Hey Shelby,

Nice location work! I've been an advertising photographer for 20 years. I'll send you a PM to my site.

Shelby did his job very well...... A successful image draws the viewer in..... to take a closer look. His image does that and more. It tells a story and makes you think! All in a single frame!

frisco

milox

Newly Enlightened
can we have the picture of just ed2l please, i havent seen one yet,
does it realy have two stage forward clickie? hope not,
Great picture by the way,
thnkx

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
While you can't satisfy everyone, one thing that is certain is that after all said and done, it made you look.

That is marketing.

Best quote ever. And to keep this on topic, I'm going to join the people asking for more details on the E2DL even if they're purely qualitative. How does the light look and feel? How is it balanced? etc.

FloggedSynapse

Enlightened
Beautiful shot. Everything - composition, lighting, model.. if you were going for a comic book look you got it. The sepia night shot of the alley is the perfect backdrop.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Great looking picture!

How does that quote go...

"[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." -- Abraham Lincoln[/FONT]

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found this thread as Im thinking about purchasing the E2DL (I like my x300 so much I wanted something with the same power that I can carry)

Shelby,

Was the bad guy backlit by street light alone, then merged? or thats an actual flash up there to mimic the street light?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those stilettos would do more damage than the light :).

You have no idea bro. I once saw this chick (not the word I really wanted to use) fighting with her boyfriend and for some reason he was on the ground and she was stomping him in the FACE with her stilettos..

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
The issue is the public perception of flashlights in general. Yes the E2D and similar lights have been around for a while, but there hasn't been this level of slick advertising for them before. I don't see it as a good development.

Better advertising=More sales=More R&D money=Better lights for US?