EagleTac Clicky Ti

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in picking up a D25C Ti with the neutral XM-L. However, after looking at GoingGear's comparison videos, I'm concerned that the XM-L will be really lacking in throw when compared to the same light with an XP-G.

So, for those with experience with these lights, will I be giving up a noticeable amount of throw by choosing the neutral XM-L? Or will the higher output compensate?

I have the D25C XMLU2 cool-white.
While white-wall hunting, my light has a nice overall white tint.
It has just a tiny little bit of a pinkish hue, and a slightly yellowish corona around the hotspot.
In my opinion, with this light, it might not be necessary to go neutral.

Selfbuilt reviewed the D25C XMLU2 and D25C XPGS2.
Take about 10% off for the neutral-white.

If the D25C XT-E R5 ever comes back out again from recall, I want one, splotchy beam profile or not.

D25C-FL1-Summary2-1.gif

Last edited:

Be First

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Gordo! I forgot to look for Selfbuilt's reviews - they're always informative.

I hadn't even considered the cool white. I've just always hated how they, at least to my eyes, tend to wash out color and depth. It seems that tint is very subjective; I guess everyone's eyes/preferences are different. That said, if the CW really is that nice, I'd love to have the additional lumens...

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I'm (despite the seriously disappointing reverse clicky) interested in picking up a D25C Ti with the neutral XM-L. However, after looking at GoingGear's comparison videos, I'm concerned that the XM-L will be really lacking in throw when compared to the same light with an XP-G.

Thanks!

I had the cool white twisty AA, assuming the beam looks the same as the clicky version, one would assume it to have a nice beam. It is what I would call a neutral tint... not too cold, not too warm. Their "neutral" tint lights in my opinion are on the warm side but I like them like that (it's something that pleases my eye, it's just how it is). Bright they are, with killer flood and enough throw to keep it interesting. I think you will like it, and if you don't the marketplace has your back.

bansuri

Enlightened
Re: Eagtac Titanium Clicky

~ Note: my XML in the Ti light on turbo is a tad dimmer overall than my XP-G R4 neutral Al version. The XML also has much less throw, but has a brighter spill area, and is not as neutral white (it's yellower). So much for the "premium" XML LED. I prefer the XPG R4 neutral. It's too bad the XP-G neutral isn't avail in Titanium.
I've made similar statements when talking about swapping emitters from XP-G to XM-L and questioned if slight difference of emitter voltage requirements may cause a drop in output. The resounding response was that there is more light there, but it's more spread out so it doesn't appear as bright.
In other news: Big Brother has increased the chocolate ration to 20 grams per week.

Got a great deal on a D25A twisty in Marketplace, (*love it!) but my family misses my low output modes so I'll be picking up a Ti Clicky for late-night use.
Thanks to all who've contributed opinions, pics, specs, etc.

(*Thanks EspionageStudio, you're a top notch CPF-er!)

Last edited:

rdrfronty

Enlightened

Well I just received my D25C Ti today and my brother just received his D25C aluminum 2 days ago. Both are very impressive lights. I was afraid the modes would be a little confusing, but once I had my light it was pretty straight forward. Nice UI. Not too different than my Quark TurboX 123^2. You have very easy access to two power levels, though the Eagletac has even easier access to the others.
We decided to test both of the lights in my PVC light box and also to test the throw. Both were almost identical and both were VERY impressive with both my 4sevens CR123's and my AW IMR 16340's.
After 30 seconds they tested at 397L with the CR123 and a mighty 667L with the IMR's. They were actually at about 790L on the test start, but dropped pretty fast with the IMR's. With the CR123 they only dropped about 5L.
They also did pretty good for stubby XML lights on throw. We tested them at 1M at 2470 lux with CR123 and a nice 4900 lux with the IMR's. Again both lights were with in a couple lumens and 100 or so lux, so I just listed one number for the pair. Even with the CR123's they can reach trees at 100 yards ok.
Between my brother and me, we have quite a few little lights and have recently tested them too. These Eagletacs smoked their competition. Here is the results of all stubby light tests---
-----------------------------------------------
CR123-
Eagletac D25C clicky---397 Lumen & 2470 @ 1M
Olight i1 SS-------------234 Lumen & 1600 @ 1M
Olight i1 AL-------------215 Lumen & 1430 @ 1M
Quark Mini--------------165 Lumen & 2310 @ 1M
Quark MiniX-------------224 Lumen & 1620 @ 1M
Eagletac D25C twisty---243 Lumen & 3000 @ 1M
Jetbeam BC10----------230 Luman & 4100 @ 1M
------------------------------------------------------
AW IMR 16340
Eagletac D25C clicky---667 Lumen & 4900 @ 1M
Olight i1 SS-------------480 Lumen & 3400 @ 1M
Olight i1 AL-------------430 Lumen & 3200 @ 1M
Quark Mini--------------290 Lumen & 3840 @ 1M
Quark MiniX-------------452 Lumen & 3300 @ 1M
Eagletac D25C twisty---474 Lumen & 6200 @ 1M
Jetbeam BC10----------480 Lumen & 9000 @ 1M
-------------------------------------------------------
We didn't get numbers quite as high as Self Built, did but this chart shows how well this great Ti light did against the competition. Is there any other single CR123 that can touch these numbers? Especially on stock batteries--397L after 30 seconds is VERY impressive. My light is strong enough with the CR123 I don't think I will even need the IMR's.

rdrfronty

Enlightened

Man that sucks. My Ti is rapidly becoming one of my favorite lights. I love this little guy!

TweakMDS

Enlightened

I was quite enjoying my D25C Ti neutral white, so I just ordered the D25A Ti cool white to replace my Fenix E11 as EDC. I found that I considered the D25C "too precious" to EDC, so once I have two titanium lights this will no longer be a concern ^^
I also ordered a few L91 AA lithium primaries, I wonder how those will hold up. Not so much an issue in the summer, but when we'll get freezing temperatures again, I wonder how much better than AA's those will hold up.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

TweakMDS, where are you located at, NL? I know a very good EU dealer with global free shipping on ET lights. Didnt know him before. So i went ahead and while still waiting for the Ti Clicky from iG (Tod's been great at communicating with me, very helpful) i went ahead and ordered and got already the D25LC2 Clicky. Man, those Eagletac D-series lights rock!! It's now my favorite 1x18650 light
:rock:

rdrfronty, fantastic data, thanks so much for the table. Very interesting. I am sure my new D25LC2 beats your two D25C's in brightness ;)

beach honda, oh man.. :mecry:I feel with you!! Sorry to hear. what else can i say.. I think you were the first here to get it, and now you're the first to lose it. Good luck with the continued search!! Solid titanium things cant just disappear. It's not like water (evaporate) or smoke (particle) or gas (diffuse).. so you are going to find it, fingers crossed!! Please report back or what your plans would be, thanks!

TweakMDS

Enlightened

Netherlands indeed. I ordered mine from nkon.nl, which is a university student who just does an amazing job in buying great batteries and ET + Fenix lights in bulk.

My previous light was also from illuminationgear though, since "my guy" didn't have the D25C Ti neutral anymore. However, there's also something about that cool white :)
If you want to suggest me any other EU dealers with free shipping though, that's always very much appreciated! (Via PM if forum rules don't permit it).

I'd probably love the 18650 lights as well, but I'm not so hot on changing batteries. I like the CR123's for lights that I very occasionally use, and single or double AA lights as "workhorse" lights.

fnj

Enlightened

I also ordered a few L91 AA lithium primaries, I wonder how those will hold up. Not so much an issue in the summer, but when we'll get freezing temperatures again, I wonder how much better than AA's those will hold up.

This http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/l91.pdf gives an indication of low temperature performance. It only gives data for a single cold temperature point (exactly freezing), but it shows the L91 vastly better in comparison to alkaline, the more so at higher loads. At 1 watt constant discharge power, 0 degrees C, they are more than 10 times the life of alkaline.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Netherlands indeed. I ordered mine from
Wow nice seller!! I will check his website out, thanks for the tip!
I am realizing that there are many many Eagtac sellers in my country, some of whom do FREE shipping with orders above 50+ or something.

I know where Netherlands is!! :D

Adobo

Newly Enlightened

Anyone here tried the D25A Neutral with 14500's? Whats the output lumens?

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Adobo, I have the D25A in neutral, and use a 14500. Bright as could be! Love it on that battery although the low gets a bit too bright IMHO. It gets hot though if you run it for 1 minute on Hi. Too hot but great for short bursts.

Be First

Newly Enlightened

OK! After way too much thought and research, I finally ordered the D25C Ti in neutral. It'll be my first Ti light - time to see what all the fuss is about. I'm pumped!

TweakMDS

Enlightened

This http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/l91.pdf gives an indication of low temperature performance. It only gives data for a single cold temperature point (exactly freezing), but it shows the L91 vastly better in comparison to alkaline, the more so at higher loads. At 1 watt constant discharge power, 0 degrees C, they are more than 10 times the life of alkaline.

That's what I read also, they look like great batteries and indeed more than double the runtime on average, and just keep going in the cold. Alkaline and NiMH simply don't wanna work in the cold, but you also have to remember to keep the light close on your body. I keep my camera batteries in my pants pockets in the winter.

OK! After way too much thought and research, I finally ordered the D25C Ti in neutral. It'll be my first Ti light - time to see what all the fuss is about. I'm pumped!

Good choice. I have the same one and it's great; it invoked a "holy poop" from my girlfriend when I used it in the backyard for the first time when something scared our kitty ^^
Then I liked it so much, the D25A cool white will be in tomorrow :D

Last edited:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

I think you will love it! I have both, I edc the AA version but behold the D25C as a work of art (use it as a bedside grab in the middle of the night light). That is all with just a primary, I haven't even tried a rcr li-ion yet :p The design, the output -all incredible. I find it definitely something that is worth the $

Latest posts