EagleTac Clicky Ti

Be First

Newly Enlightened
Re: Eagtac Titanium Clicky

I think you will love it! I have both, I edc the AA version but behold the D25C as a work of art (use it as a bedside grab in the middle of the night light). That is all with just a primary, I haven't even tried a rcr li-ion yet :p The design, the output -all incredible. I find it definitely something that is worth the $

Good choice. I have the same one and it's great; it invoked a "holy poop" from my girlfriend when I used it in the backyard for the first time when something scared our kitty ^^
Then I liked it so much, the D25A cool white will be in tomorrow :D

My neutral XM-L D25C Ti Clicky has landed, and...

...you guys were right - I do love it!

It's both smaller and brighter than I was expecting. It's basically the size of a 4Sevens mini 123 with a clicky tacked on the end - impressive for sure. I like the titanium a lot; it looks great now and I'm sure it will patina beautifully (that's the reason I was interested in the Ti in the first place. I love the lightness/smoothness/heat distribution/etc. that Al provides, but hate how it wears). I'm so excited - this is a light I'm going to use without worry.

The tint is really good! I was pretty nervous I'd lose the lottery and end up with a greenish disaster, but I lucked out. Haha, I definitely let out a big sigh of relief as soon as I fired it up. To my eyes, it seems to be on the warmer end of neutral, and that's exactly what I prefer. I've only tried primaries; I can't wait to see what happens with Li-ions.

It may not be my perfect light: it has the expectedly gritty Ti threads, it has a reverse clicky, the switch is on the tail (I prefer a side switch), it doesn't have 10,000 lumens, and it can't turn me into Thor. But, wow, this really is a wonderful light!

Worth the money indeed! :twothumbs

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Be First, I LOVE my D25C. I think the tint is gorgeous! It is a beast on a primary, I can't imagine how good it would be on a li-ion. I got a couple Eagletacs coming in the mail (Ultrafire I have is too long to get it to Turbo mode). Lets hope Shelm gets his someday, poor guy. Welcome to the club ;-)

bansuri

Enlightened

Got my D25A a couple days ago, fantastic light. AA format is back!
Love the levels and options, great clip, size is perfect, switch is loud but is offset by the GITD button that holds it's glow for reeeaalllyy long...

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Yep, love the AA. Sold my cr123 model. Couldn't stand the lack of a real medium mode.

What did you find missing in the medium end? I have mine in the moonlight mode and the second mode on that seems like a great medium (around 20-25 lumens)...

gunga

Flashaholic
Mine went from moonlight to like 80 lumens, next mode was perhaps 180. Couldn't tell the difference between the 2 modes. This is with fresh Surefire cr123.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Are you sure you had it on moonlight? By default the low is like 3 lumens and the medium like 65 lumens. If you turn it on loosened and tighten + loosen 3 times quickly it goes into moonlight as low, and the medium also drops substantially. Could be an error on it though, I'll doublecheck mine, but iirc, the medium was pretty much the same on my D25A and D25C clicky Ti's.

biglights

Enlightened

Got my D25A a couple days ago, fantastic light. AA format is back!
Love the levels and options, great clip, size is perfect, switch is loud but is offset by the GITD button that holds it's glow for reeeaalllyy long...

Yes very nice light indeed!! I love the GITD, easy to find. One of my favorite little lights for around the house.

gunga

Flashaholic
Are you sure you had it on moonlight? By default the low is like 3 lumens and the medium like 65 lumens. If you turn it on loosened and tighten + loosen 3 times quickly it goes into moonlight as low, and the medium also drops substantially. Could be an error on it though, I'll doublecheck mine, but iirc, the medium was pretty much the same on my D25A and D25C clicky Ti's.

Yep, it was moonlight. I am aware of the mode changes. Maybe I had sample with a lousy circuit? I really wanted to like it, but I am not cool with the mode separation. I saw another post on it too, so maybe there is an inconsistency with the circuits? Probably related to vF of the LED? My AA is fine on AA, have not tested on 14500 yet.

gunga

Flashaholic

Are the Lo -> Med -> Hi modes distinct from one another with a 16340?

Nobody here has tested the D25C Titanium with an AW ICR/IMR 16340 ?
to see if it goes Direct Drive and unfortunately makes Med, Hi, Turbo all the same brightness 750 lumens?

I can easily fit an AW ICR Protected 16340 or an AW IMR 16340 in my D25C aluminum.

The aluminum D25C uses the A950RC circuit,
and the titanium D25C uses the A950RC II circuit.

D25CXML-Lumens-1.gif

Yes, mine was a bit like this, no real medium mode, hence why I sold my D25C. The D25A was great though.

TweakMDS

Enlightened

Interesting, I haven't noticed that behavior on mine, but to be honest, I've pretty much only used it on moonlight and high. I don't have a way to measure lumens, but I do have a Sekonic lightmeter that will do a very good job at establishing the differences between modes. Will give that a go soon and post back here.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably related to vF of the LED? My AA is fine on AA, have not tested on 14500 yet.
There is a very recent youtube video by goinggear Marshall who demonstrates the D-series Clickies with standard cells (CR123, Eneloop, 18650) and li-ion cells (RCR123, 14500). The D25C on RCR123 seems brighter than the D25A on 14500 in that video.

vF? i dont understand.
now you made me feel like a noob.

:D

beach honda

Enlightened
Because I so enjoyed my D25C Ti Neutral XML Clicky that I lost, I was finally able to raise enough funds and order a replacement by selling spare parts that I and other members had lying around.

Hooray CPF and it's awesome generous members.

Shelm, what's the ETA on yours.

Will update with more pictures when it arrives...again.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
what's the ETA on yours.
LOL it's pathetic isnt it .. i was one of the first to pre-order it (around 5-27), it was dispatched by 6-15, and there is still no arrival (today's 7-15). Am glad that you liked it so much that you ordered another copy! Dealers have the NW's back in stock (D25A, D25C). I wouldnt mind buying the D25C for its mode memory and nice brightness .. but CR123A's are really not my type of beer (rechargeable 3.0V and rechargeable 3.7V "123"-sized cells exist on ebay, from China/Hongkong but .. how much fun is that if my expensive ;) Eneloops never get some use lol?)

Of course i will update too! :)

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Wow, someone is taking their sweet time getting it to you... I'm nearing the 3rd D25 Ti o_O

To come back to an earlier topic: Contrary to my previous thoughts, my D25C also "lacks" the middle mode, it looks more like moonlight, high, higher ^^ Not really missing it though, and a quick triple twist to turn off the moonlight mode is always an option. Then you get back to 3 lumens as low, which is a nice level to use as medium.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
My D25A on a Li-ion still has a low, gunga among others I have heard complain about losing the low but mine works and I am happy about it. Anyone else try it? I've been running a couple Trustfire protected AA on a rotation in my everyday, works great! Now the bad news, I ordered a couple Eagletac 16340 batteries for my D25C and they don't fit! I can cram one in there and it is super tight, but then the light didn't turn on so I got scared and pulled the battery out/went back to using primary cell.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pair of EagleTac 16340 myself and they both fit normally into my D25C Ti clicky as well as in all my other lights.

gunga

Flashaholic
My D25A on a Li-ion still has a low, gunga among others I have heard complain about losing the low but mine works and I am happy about it. Anyone else try it? I've been running a couple Trustfire protected AA on a rotation in my everyday, works great! Now the bad news, I ordered a couple Eagletac 16340 batteries for my D25C and they don't fit! I can cram one in there and it is super tight, but then the light didn't turn on so I got scared and pulled the battery out/went back to using primary cell.

Yes, low/moonlight is retained, but what are your modes after that? DO you have a medium mode? Or ist more like 100 lumen medium mode?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Btw guys, here some brain food:

• Olight TC10/TC15 Ti is made of Titanium Alloy. It is manufactured in Olight factories.
  • Olight M20 Warrior Ti is made of Titanium Alloy. It looks similar to EagleTac T20C2. It is manufactured in Olight factories.
  • Olight T-series looks similar to 4Sevens Quarks.
  • iTP A3 EOS Ti is made of Titanium Alloy. iTP is a brand of Olight. It is manufactured in Olight factories.
  • 4Sevens Quark Titanium is made of Titanium Alloy. Foursevens lights are manufactured in Olight factories.
  • Shiningbeam flashlights are not made of Titanium Alloy. They look extremely similar to Foursevens Quark, both Regular and Turbo series. Shiningbeam is or is not manufactured in Olight factories (and who cares if it is).
  • EagleTac aluminum D-series is not made of Titanium Alloy. It has similar looks&feel to Foursevens Quarks imho ---i own the D25LC2 Clicky so i could tell--- and the similarities even begin with the retail packaging, same 10 yrs performance guarantee, the machining(!!), are you kidding me. It is or is not manufactured in Olight factories (and who cares if it is).
  • EagleTac D25 Ti is made of Titanium Alloy ---i am still waiting for my copy---. To recap, the D-series are similar to Quarks, and the Quarks were produced in Titanium Alloy Limited Edition too. And as mentioned, both Quarks and Quark Ti's are Olight factories' produce! And the EagleTac T20C2 looks so similar to Olight Warrior/Crimson of the Olight M-series which are Olight factories' produce, too, obviously. In the early years 4Sevens website, back then the largest importer and distributor of China-made Cree LED flashlights, was selling Fenix, Olight and EagleTac, so they all share common personal and business history together. Altogether. And think about it, in your opinion, how many flashlight factories in Shenzhen would be able to pull such a stunt where their output (Shiningbeam, EagleTac, incl. Titanium) shares so many similarities of another Shenzhen flashlight factory (Olight, iTP, Foursevens, incl. Titanium's)? None, one, two, or three factories? And what would be the realistic and plausible guess in this case, huh?
    thinking.gif

What am i trying to insinuate with the above? Nothing. you make up your own mind. But there are intelligent websites on the WWW which believe that man never left the moon buggy on the moon's soil during their visit in 1969, and i am saying that i wouldnt wonder if EagleTac came up with a Titanium Alloy limited edition of their T20C2 lol. I am sure that they wont (because the market doesnt need or want a tactical Titanium light imo) but that's not the point of this cpf post

;)

Last edited:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Yes, low/moonlight is retained, but what are your modes after that? DO you have a medium mode? Or ist more like 100 lumen medium mode?

I see what you mean, yeah there is a low and super high only. I was mistaken thinking people were not getting any low at all. On Li-ion mine is low and high, then if i twist the head tight its the same high and strobe. Thought maybe I had a special one for a minute there :p

Latest posts