Eagletac d25 l2 U2 preflash??

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do any of you have issues with RCR's with the D25C 's ? ? ?

I have only tried Tenergy 3.0V LiFEPO4 RCR's so far but, I ordered 2 x Nitecore NL-166's(3.7V Li-ion) last week to try as well. They should arrive this week and I will post when I try them. There should be no issues with the newer D25C's and RCR's as they are compatible. The 3.0V LiFEPO4's work great so far.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tachead, do you get ALL features with the Tenergys?

Yep, everything works exactly the same(all 5 modes, turbo, all the special modes, and the memory mode). You will get less runtime however but, I assume you know that. Just to confirm mine is the D25C(Nichia 219) in aluminum purchased a couple of weeks ago. I can let you know if everything is the same on the 3.7V cells when they get here as well.

brightsteve

Newly Enlightened
Cool, have nitecore's on order but found some 3v tenergy Li ion too. Lifepo 4 hard to source in uk

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Argh!! Been loving this light but tonight I dropped it on the tile floor and it has stopped working. I've cleaned threads, changed batteries and still nothing. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the bypass test HERE to determine if the problem is with the head, or the clicky. Mechanical clickies can usually be fixed but head problems need to be sent back for warranty.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Reppans, I will give it a go. Are these lights known to be fragile? It never gave off the feeling of being super stout or tough, just didn't expect a small drop to mess it up.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not cool, sorry for your loss. I dropped my aluminum D25C from 5 feet or so to a hard vinyl floor the other day and it didnt even fizz on it. I have dropped my D25A a couple of times too but, not that bad(just to carpet exc.). With the D25C it was a hard, loud, hit though. It made me cringe but, didnt even put a scratch on it and it even slammed into the metal stove from 1 foot or so first on the way down.

I suspect it was a defect. let us know how/if Eagletac takes care of you if you can. Thanks.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mrs. has a '12 D25A Ti, NW XML that has been dropped plenty on hard wood floors 3-4 ft with no issues. I've dropped other lights plenty on asphalt from 5-6 feet (I tend to "hot potato" them to even greater heights trying to save the 3' drop :D) - lots of dented/chipped bezels, and one failed PCB on a Li-ion, but my lights have never failed on me.

Just bad luck.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can hear the high pitch "whine" when i click the light on but no light. I really do have turd luck with lights. Amazon is going to refund the light. Not sure if I will order it again or try to find something else. Definitely want AA light with moon mode.

Last edited:

brightsteve

Newly Enlightened
ok so Nitecore RCRs received, charged and all works perfectly :)

until ..... swaped back to ANY other battery Nitecore C123A, AW RCR or ANOTHER BRAND C123 and torch totally dead ? ? ? ? ?

put Nitecore RCRs back in....... works

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also just because I'm a bit disenchanted I decided to toss around my Ld12. Dropping it all over my tile floor multiple times and it has not skipped a beat.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reppans I know you have never had a light fail on you, but in your opinion, between the quark you have lego'd together and the D25a clickies, which one do you feel is a sturdier better built flashlight??

The Mrs. has a '12 D25A Ti, NW XML that has been dropped plenty on hard wood floors 3-4 ft with no issues. I've dropped other lights plenty on asphalt from 5-6 feet (I tend to "hot potato" them to even greater heights trying to save the 3' drop :D) - lots of dented/chipped bezels, and one failed PCB on a Li-ion, but my lights have never failed on me.

Just bad luck.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reppans I know you have never had a light fail on you, but in your opinion, between the quark you have lego'd together and the D25a clickies, which one do you feel is a sturdier better built flashlight??

Hard to say as I don't open these heads up - they seem roughly in the same ballpark to me, definitely below the build quality of the Malkoffs, Peaks and HDSs (which weigh a ton and have potted electronics), but it depends on your priorities, and build quality is not my top priority ;). The one thing that I will say about 47s is that it's warranty and customer service IS in the same league as the above.

Any light can fail, the question is who will take care of you. I WILL repair any failures with the above manufacturers (all US-based).... but the rest I kind of consider as disposable.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Been doing another round of research for a possible replacement light. Considered a AAA with firefly\moonlight but I really want a click. Seems like the L10c is cool but others have discussed build quality\ reliability issues so I ruled that out. I'd like to try a lego'd quark but price would be double what I have to spend right now. I think I am going to just go ahead and purchase another D25a and hope my bad luck streak ends.

Edit: ORDERED

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received the new light today. Going without it for a while made me realize how much I like this thing. The threads on this one are the best yet by far and I'm happy to have one again. Missed that moonlight mode like crazy! Also the long press to go back to low.... best UI feature ever. Wish all my lights had this.

Last edited:

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Received the new light today. Going without it for a while made me realize how much I like this thing. The threads on this one are the best yet by far and I'm happy to have one again. Missed that moonlight mode like crazy! Also the long press to go back to low.... best UI feature ever. Wish all my lights had this.

Well hopefully this one will last. Thanks for that tip about the UI, I never figured that out. I would always tighten/loosen the head if I accidentally got into the disco modes.