EagleTac D25-series: Which model(s) did you buy?

[size=5]EagleTac D25-series: [b]Which model(s) did you buy?[/b][/size]

• [size=3]D25[b]A[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 52 22.3%
  • [size=3]D25[b]A Ti[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 54 23.2%
  • [size=3]D25[b]A2[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • [size=3]D25[b]C[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 47 20.2%
  • [size=3]D25[b]C Ti[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 58 24.9%
  • [size=3]D25[b]C2[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • [size=3]D25[b]LC2[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • [size=3]Multiple copies of 1+ of the above 7 options[/size]

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters

EJ20

Newly Enlightened
My first Eagletac is a XM-L U2 D25A Ti Clicky, and I'm impressed by the overall quality... won't the only ET in my collection.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is finally a public word out on the availability of the XP-G2's in the D25-series:
LightJunction lists under "COMING SOON" the D25 Minis (not the Clickies!) with XP-G2's for

ETA: 10/15/2012
That's still over 3 weeks from today on!

Anything known about the Clickies? Do they have to be released with a time shift or delay? Is that a marketing trick or what? I am confused!

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
There is finally a public word out on the availability of the XP-G2's in the D25-series:
LightJunction lists under "COMING SOON" the D25 Minis (not the Clickies!) with XP-G2's for

ETA: 10/15/2012
That's still over 3 weeks from today on!

I can't seem to find that. Where on the L.J. site is it?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, check homepage and look for this:

comingsoonwm.jpg

biglights

Enlightened
I absolutely love my D25A TI, great little light. Highly recommended to all.

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
Just ordered a D25LC2 Clicky Cool White XM-L U2. Selfbuilts review shows it at 660 actual lumes. Wow this should be a real pocket rocket.:D

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25 AM Ti cool.

Discovered tonight it's machine washable.

Erik1213

Enlightened
Started with one D25A with a neutral white XP-G. But I lost it.

To replace the lost light, I bought two more D25A's with neutral white XP-G's and traded one of my Foursevens lights for a D25A Ti. I modded one of the aluminum models with a Nichia 219 and have decided to mod the other neutral white aluminum one and maybe even the cool white XM-L equipped titanium version. The D25 with a Nichia is awesome. I just wish I could get a Zebralight with this LED.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does NE1 know if the D25A2 Mini (XP-G2) head fits perfectly on the D25A Ti Mini or Clicky body?

I am thinking of buying the D25A2 Mini for its new XP-G2 head and then playing some lego.com with the Titanium Clicky body. Anyone else who likes exactly this idea? :D

Last edited:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a D25LC2 with the "neutral white" emitter. I thought the light was nice, except my "neutral white" seemed to have a hint of "nasty green" at the lower levels, and I realized for a light which going to be putting out "tactical" level light, and be 18650 size, I really wanted 1. a clicky and 2. Either "cool white" or "warm white" light.

I still have a D25A Mini (twisty) with the "neutral white" emitter which has a hint of green but on this light it doesn't much bother me, as it's just a utility/back-up to my Back-Up I carry in my suit jacket. The size and well spaced light levels, and nice clip work well for me in that role.

Erik1213

Enlightened
I had a D25LC2 with the "neutral white" emitter. I thought the light was nice, except my "neutral white" seemed to have a hint of "nasty green" at the lower levels, and I realized for a light which going to be putting out "tactical" level light, and be 18650 size, I really wanted 1. a clicky and 2. Either "cool white" or "warm white" light.

I still have a D25A Mini (twisty) with the "neutral white" emitter which has a hint of green but on this light it doesn't much bother me, as it's just a utility/back-up to my Back-Up I carry in my suit jacket. The size and well spaced light levels, and nice clip work well for me in that role.

You should update your LED. I did and couldn't be happier:

Y4iVal.jpg

STR

Newly Enlightened
I noticed some minor burs on the cut out areas of the end where the pocket clip mounts on my D25A mini. I took those off and rounded the corners using a small dental diamond burr from my dental days. This worked great to smooth everything off so there is not a sharp edge on it. The more I use this light the more I like it to be honest with you. The size is certainly hard to ignore and with a simple binding of the head you can turn it on and off or shuffle the modes so its become as convenient to me as any clicky I own and compared to a few others it really puts out great light. You don't appreciate this light until its dark and you have a fresh battery in it and need to see. Then it all becomes clear just how much they packed into a small package. Using during the day though I find it can at times appear to not be enough or not have the throw to really put light where I need it until I hit high with it. Still the titanium light in the limited edition that I own is a sweet package and I would not part with it even with the flaws. I do wish it had better throw at times but otherwise I think it is an impressive offering.

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
Got my D25LC2 Clicky Cool White XM-L U2 today and all I can say is WOW, this thing puts out a ton of light. The reflector looks a lot like my SWM V11R but is slightly less orange peeled and you can see an actual hot spot up close whereas with the V11R you don't see one. It almost lights up as much of my back yard as my Deerelight DBS V3 with an MCE. I'm very impressed.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Still loving the Neutral-White XM-L Ti D25C Clicky.
Been carrying and using it nearly every day for over 2 months.
On my third battery (left it on overnight for a week - that took one on its own.)
Cleaned and lubed once.
Smoothed out some damage to the bezel once.
It's never failed me, and always impresses.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a D25LC2 like so many other buyers else.
It is very light except for the heavy head.
Anyone knows why the head is so heavy-ish?

MattSPL

Enlightened
I got a D25LC2 like so many other buyers else.
It is very light except for the heavy head.
Anyone knows why the head is so heavy-ish?

I think I read somewhere that they use some copper in the head for heat sinking, so that might explain it?