Eagletac P200LC2 vs 2015 Nitecore P12

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love -- LOVE -- my P200LC2 so far, but half wish I'd waited for the P25LC2, which may be nearing in on the mythical "perfect light" for me (someone on CPF has to find it someday, might as well be me :) ) The addition of a true low -- 3 lumen for 200+ hours makes this light suitable even for long-term disaster (earthquake etc) use off a single battery. That and LED upgradeability ... I may well pick up a P25LC2 and sell my P200!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I am really glad I waited. I really didnt like the overly simple UI of the P200LC2 and that's why I decided against it. I am pretty sure I am gonna order a P25LC2 Diffuser or Tactical when they are available. My new D25A NW is awesome, man Eagletac makes some nice lights. I am really glad I didnt go with the Nitecore. They really seem to have a ridiculous amount of issues. I dont know if I will ever try one of them. They need to take a look at their QC I think.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Now I am really glad I waited. I really didnt like the overly simple UI of the P200LC2 and that's why I decided against it. I am pretty sure I am gonna order a P25LC2 Diffuser or Tactical when they are available. My new D25A NW is awesome, man Eagletac makes some nice lights. I am really glad I didnt go with the Nitecore. They really seem to have a ridiculous amount of issues. I dont know if I will ever try one of them. They need to take a look at their QC I think.

Keep in mind that more lights sold means more issues, even assuming the same defective rate. Nitecore is sold by a LOT of dealers.

That said, Eagletac does have excellent quality. The D25LC2 Tactical sounds like it might be the light for OP.

Either that or the D25LC2 Color, just because it's fun. :)