Eagletac SST50

nitric

Newly Enlightened
haha, good for u. the m31 is nice, not big and handy. i will let u know once i get it. i waited since june, so im kinda used to it. im not rushing to use it and it will just end up on my table for display after i play with it for a short while. :)

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The relative numbers is what one should look at.
They look correct, so in all likelihood it is incorrectly calibrated integration sphere.
Don't use 123 on turbo, ouch 9 minutes (did all the PTC trip simultaneously?)

The same reviewer looked at the "old" EagleTac M2C4 and measured the output from it much higher than the M3C4. I don't think it is his equipment. It looks like the reviewers integration sphere is fine.
He has the following:

M2C4
Turbo: 654 lumens
High: 346 lumens
Medium: 134 lumens
Low: 21 lumens
20,900 Lux

M3C4:
Turbo: 409 lumens
High: 199 lumens
Medium: 85 lumens
Low: 24 lumens
Moonlight: 6 lumens
11,160 Lux

So the M3C4 reviewed was either a dud or the M3C4 is :knight:

Last edited:

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened
The same reviewer looked at the "old" EagleTac M2C4 and measured the output from it much higher than the M3C4. I don't think it is his equipment. It looks like the reviewers integration sphere is fine.
He has the following:

M2C4
Turbo: 654 lumens
High: 346 lumens
Medium: 134 lumens
Low: 21 lumens
20,900 Lux

M3C4:
Turbo: 409 lumens
High: 199 lumens
Medium: 85 lumens
Low: 24 lumens
Moonlight: 6 lumens
11,160 Lux

So the M3C4 reviewed was either a dud or the M3C4 is :knight:

I got a confirmation from light-reviews that his IS sphere is working fine. The lux numbers matches what eagletac claimed which is around 11k lux at 1 meter, so I doubt it is a bad light.

What I am interested in is how eagletac would overcome this disaster.

hotpotato

Newly Enlightened
...with the push button switch installed, the M2 [sic] is not able to tail stand. As of this writing, there are some water resistance issues which are being addressed by EagleTac. Since the M2XC4 [sic] comes with a limited lifetime warranty, they will send you the required components for the fix. [http://www.light-reviews.com/eagletac_m3c4/]

fix for the light with the forward clicky installed or for the out-of-the-box version?

Last edited:

sfca

Enlightened
I got a confirmation from light-reviews that his IS sphere is working fine. The lux numbers matches what eagletac claimed which is around 11k lux at 1 meter, so I doubt it is a bad light.

What I am interested in is how eagletac would overcome this disaster.

Eagletac should be able to afford their own Integrating sphere, in fact all manufacturers should have one.

Alistair

Newly Enlightened

What I am interested in is how eagletac would overcome this disaster.[/QUOTE]
Oh joy. For once in my life things seem to have gone my way. The M3 delays forced me to order the M2XC4 and although I was disappointed at the time, the above postings indicate that I am better off.
The M2XC4 gives the kind of beam that I was looking for for my neighbourhood watch duties. It is bright and has adequate throw. On the negative side, it feels a little unbalanced in the hand and I don't like the twisty action as it lacks positive stops. Strobe should be buried somewhere where it cannot unintentionally come into play. Overall however, I am pleased with the torch.
For the sake of those that have pre-ordered the M3, I hope that it turns out better than the advance information indicates. It would be outrageous if it proved a retrograde step.

nitric

Newly Enlightened
i changed my order from the sst-50 to triple xpg after i watched the videos in youtube posted by the german guy. i think the sst-50 version might not up to the expectation.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Oh joy. For once in my life things seem to have gone my way. The M3 delays forced me to order the M2XC4 and although I was disappointed at the time, the above postings indicate that I am better off. .

I got an M2XC4 about 2.5 months ago. I knew something else was coming, but wanted this. Everything I had read and pics I saw made it look like a great combination of flood and throw. I will say that I am very impressed with it. The 3 seperate LEDs work great. I can't say I regret my decision at all.

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened

Left: SST-50 Right: Triple XP-G

The SST-50 has a much smaller and less intense hotspot.

sfca

Enlightened

Awesome! Thanks. Looks like there's no place for the SST-50, except for the wider beam.

That's a great effect with your name dhouseng. :thumbsup:

dischn

Newly Enlightened
The new reflector is designed for a floody beam. The Spillangle is very wide and the OP is extreme. I measured the sidespill, distance 1 meter: 170 lux at the edge to dark, 280 lux in the midle and 450 lux at the edge to Hotspot. Look the Pictures. The whole Picture is illuminated by the SST-50. Very much light will be sent to Spillbeam by the reflector, not as normal only to the hotspot. If you want a real thrower, take the M3C4 3* R2, a semi-thrower, the 3*R5 and for flood the MC-E or the SST-50.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
So , its worse then the old P7 version?

Much. see the numbers a few posts above.

It looks like the triple XPG has spill that is as bright as the SST50 hotspot.
Now the question is, how does the triple XPG compare to the old triple XR-E (M2XC4)? If they did not design the reflector correctly for the triple XPG, it will have more spill than the M2XC4 but less throw.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
XP-G throws less than XR-E, M2XC4 has three smooth reflectors, M3 has 3 OP ones + floody emitters. Actually it's possible that 3xXP-G throws less than M2C4 with SSC P7.

nitric

Newly Enlightened
yo dhouseng, Wong just shipped my order. hopefully i can get it tomorrow afternoon. If not, latest by monday.

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened
Good for you, my M31 hasn't arrive, hope the postman doesn't steal it.

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened
I ordered it from 4sevens as there are no local dealers. No tracking just insurance.