EagleTac T200C2

TheVat26

Enlightened
Re: Eagletact T200 C2

Thats definately one way of testing hotspot lux (throw):eek:, a lux meter might be better to save your eyes or some sunglasses lol.:crackup:

Looking at the pics of the light it appears the bezel is made of aluminum, can you confirm?

I bet a good 75% of us have done the same test! I figured it wouldn't be as bad as my Pelican 7060 with 16100cd, but it was worse. Puts my 7060 to shame at all ranges. Yes the bezel is aluminum.

430Scuderia

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for posting your thoughts on this light and glad you found it met your needs.

Disciple

Enlightened

I bet a good 75% of us have done the same test! I figured it wouldn't be as bad as my Pelican 7060 with 16100cd, but it was worse. Puts my 7060 to shame at all ranges. Yes the bezel is aluminum.

If you think that's something try a K40vn on Strobe. (400,000cd) :D It really does dazzle for a moment.
MgDiXrg.gif

Kalsu

Enlightened

I got my neutral T200C2 in the mail today. So far I like it. It will get used more tonight at work, but so far so good. It is bright and a good neutral tint. It is a great size and throws a ton of light. I can post more later after it gets used more.

djdawg

Enlightened

I hate this forum .............. now after reading this thread ............I have to have one also.
Iam not joking .......LOL placeing my order now.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

I missed it .........cant find it .........I looked in the dealer section.
I see nothin about EagleTac

It looks like the thread has been deleted or removed. I was subscribed to it and even posted in it. I searched my thread posts and it does not even show up in there.

djdawg

Enlightened

I ordered one from somewhere else anyway ............... when I get antzie , I get antzie .....LOL

rje58

Enlightened
I received my order today from Illumination Supply... unfortunately I did NOT receive my T200C2! Instead, I received a T100C2?!? :(

I have emailed them to let them know of the problem and to start down the road of resolving it...

djdawg

Enlightened

I ordered one from somewhere else anyway ............... when I get antzie , I get antzie .....LOL

This is what I got , when I got antzie ...............
Jetbeam Titanium TCR101
Eagletac T200C2 Base model

Should be here Wednesday ......hopein

LilKevin715

Enlightened
I received my order today from Illumination Supply... unfortunately I did NOT receive my T200C2! Instead, I received a T100C2?!? :(

I have emailed them to let them know of the problem and to start down the road of resolving it...

The same happened to me, a quick chat with Calvin resolved the issue. He provided me a pre-paid return shipping label to return the T100C2. He was even nice enough to cross-ship me the T200C2.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine ordered and I should have it Friday. I got the neutral white version. Once I have it I will give my thoughts.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my neutral white T200C2 yesterday. It has a very nice neutral tint that I am happy about. The 3 mode spacing will be good for me, it is basically the same as the TX25C2 in that regard. The overall build quality is similar to all Eagletac lights and seems well made and robust but very lightweight compared to similar sized lights. It is just about exactly the same as a standard 6P host in dimensions and feel with a slightly larger head. All in all I am very happy with it, it has a ton of output and a good blend of throw and flood. I need to find a suitable holster for it to put on my duty belt now. I am thinking I will try one of the 5.11 quick release holsters out. I will advise if it works out once I have one.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
I've had mine for about a week and so far I'm liking it. As already mentioned it is very similar in size to a Surefire 6P/Solarforce L2. Modes are well spaced and are current-controlled (no PWM). The hotspot is clearly defined, with a 4-sided petal shape corona surrounding the hotspot, followed by the spill. The tailcap has been redesigned on the inside so that there is no battery rattle with CR123's; normally a slight annoyance with lights that accept 18650 cells. My only complaints (minor) are lack of anodizing on the tailcap threads for tailcap lockout and the lack of a stainless steel bezel.

Here are some LBL (lightbox lumens, details here) and lux measurements. FYI I purchased the Cool White XM-L2 U2 version of the light.

Turbo (High):
0s - 943 LBL / 19k lux
30s - 892 LBL / 18.4k lux
180s - 859 LBL
198s (step-down) - 794 LBL / 17.8k lux

Medium: 242 LBL / 4.7k lux

Low: 11.9 LBL / 290 lux

For reference Eagletac's ANSI FL-1 numbers are 913-859/264/9 lumens. My numbers are decently close to Eagletac's, but as with any manufacturer I always take their measurement numbers with a grain of salt.

nitehead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the measurements! Interestingly, the lumen-reading is close to Eagletac´s, but the differrence in lux is pretty high (19k lux vs. 15k lux).

A dealer in Germany mentioned in a short review of the light, that the hotspot seems to be as intense as the SRT 7 from nitecore (no measurements taken, just an impression), which is about 20k lux.

Should Eagletac have underrated their lux readings that much? :confused:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the power switch actuate & lock, if you grasp the body of the flashlight and push down on a rigid surface?
Some lights will only do momentary, and require pushing past the edge of the tailcap.