EagleTac T200C2

rje58

Enlightened
Yes, the T200C2 does turn on (and off) completely when pressed firmly against a flat, rigid surface. I just tested this on my front door.

Will the power switch actuate & lock, if you grasp the body of the flashlight and push down on a rigid surface?
Some lights will only do momentary, and require pushing past the edge of the tailcap.

rje58

Enlightened
I still haven't seen a really detailed review (like the ones that selfbuilt and FlashLion do). I hope we'll see one soon!

Thanks for the numbers, LilKevin715. and thanks for posting the review link, pinhead.

I think it's a little unusual that a popular company like EagleTac releases a new light with a simple interface and none of the 'flashy, hidden modes' that so many users seem to bemoan, and other new releases like the Fenix PD35 and the Nitecore P12 get huge amounts of attention and detailed reviews, but the T200C2 has almost no buzz. This even though the T200C2 has more light output than either of the other lights mentioned.

Is it just because of the form factor, that it's slightly larger? or what gives? Maybe most users don't really WANT a simple interface with no blinky modes?

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 5.11 ATAC XL holster does work for the T200C2 but it was way too tight for my liking. I had to push really hard to clip it in and pull like the ****ens to get it out. I went ahead and took off the lanyard ring, grip ring, and pocket clip and am using it in my Bianchi Accumold compact flashlight holster. I really like this light. It is virtually the same size as a P60 host but has a lot more versatility. I like the lack of blinky modes. This is a good light and mine has a good neutral tint.

kj2

Flashaholic
Looks like I'm buying a Eagletac again :p
Although, I don't like those pins for mode switching. :shakehead

markr6

Flashaholic
I somehow overlooked this light. Looks really nice, so much that I may buy another 1x18650 I absolutely don't need!

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in this one though. Any thoughts why?

rje58

Enlightened
You've just stated exactly why I have one! Not the only reasons, but some good ones.

Lack of "features" like strobe, 99 different outputs, blinky modes and tacticool accessoires. Just a flashlight ;)

markr6

Flashaholic
I really like the looks of this light. The TX25C2 and G25C2 as well. I'm not in the market for another light, but tempted to get my first Eagletac. Call it boredom or an addiction!

ven

Flashaholic
Its been in my ebay watched for a short while,love the look,like the output and style as looks quite a compact size.Not hit the button yet,has to be an import from USA at $69 and $23 delivered(not including potential import duty) so in my money £55 all in which is a bargain to me:D

Whats stopping me right now is the eagletac MX25L3C(does not slip off the keyboard easy with that serial No) in nichia 219 flavour.

eggdog

Newly Enlightened
First time post to the forum. Just purchased this powerhouse ( t-6) led. Really liking the output.

Question I have is in regards to the battery. I have a Orbtronic 3400 and it is pretty tall compared to a ultra fire 2400. The Orbtronic fits and works but it seems like the end cap spring is really compressed due to the length. Any cause for concern? Length of the battery is 68.9mm
Thanks

Last edited:

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
First hi all flashlight lovers :wave:

Regarding the battery space for Eagletac T200C2, I use Panasonic NCR 3400 mAh (~70mm) and indeed is a very tight fit!
The threads are forced and leave traces of Aluminum, even if the threads are lubricated.
In fact this problem is also with smaller 18650 (Eagletac 2400 mAh) springs are compressed to the max...

My solution: I removed from the switch the big spring what is inside the switch and that plastic over. That spring is incredibly strong, I really don't know why they applied this solution to the switch.
Without this spring and plastic, the battery stay very good and does not rattle, threads are not so forced (specially thread from the led) .

Overall the flashlight is ok but I don't see it to be a premium quality (comparing with other flashlights which I own).
The power is indeed impressive for such a small flashlight.

Up All Night

Enlightened
A tautly sprung battery or batteries would be a necessity in a weapon mountable light.
While I don't have this particular model, I have other Eagletac lights that exhibit what seems to be excessive residual "cutting". Batteries installed or not, different lubes, Nyogel, Frog Lube .... no lube, etc..
I'm not saying a lengthy battery isn't causing your issue, it may just be a contributor.
Eagletac is not alone with this issue, there certainly is contrast between certain manufacturers.
IMHO!

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Indeed, maybe mounted on a canon ...
There are a lot of tactical lights which don't have this pressure on threads and work well mounted on weapons.

There are not residual material, because after cleaning the threads, tracks of aluminum reappeared. Personally I don't like this, after few spins to see aluminum tracks on threads.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this light and doesn't experience any of these issues. I'm using an Enerpower 2600 mAh cell in it. Bought the light in November.

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
After a week of play switching modes are ok now, maybe I was a little in a hurry to give an opinion :)
The threads run ok, very smooth.

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
~2 mm missing in able to support 2x18350 configuration :(

I use now 2x16340 IMR, on high mode have more constant runtime and is more bright than 1x18650. I noticed that have a high frequency sound on high mode with 2x16340, but till now no problem (on specs support 8,4v)
The total runtime is shorter, but if you have one pair of 16340 to change, is not a big issue.

pbsodetective

Newly Enlightened
After 500 rounds on an AR15 my T200 would only light in the lowest setting no matter what position the head is in or how tight. It is currently on it way back for warranty.
Then 200 hundred rounds of 7.62x39 killed a sport tac nw 18650 sized drop in. It was in a solar force l2 with two 123 primaries. Other drop ins including two other sport tacs light on the same batteries and in the same body and head. The bad on wont light in any of the three tubes and batteries.

The AR was shot over time before it went bad the one on the AK lasted 1 less than 1 day.
The t200 is advertised as weapon mountable, but now I have to shoot my other one and see if will hold up.
Right now I am not to happy with Eagle Tac.