Eagletac Ti D25A clicky: Say hello to my pocket.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
It is noticibly brighter on a 14500 but gets very hot after about 1 minute. I find that on Eneloops it is still very bright, I've had the same cell in it for over a week I use the light multiple times every day. Love it! The clip does weaken up with use, I have had to take it off and re-bend it twice now, but after that it works good again for a long time. My favorite thing next to the beam, tint and brightness is the size, I appreciate and EDC light that is so small it is not annoying to have hanging in your pocket. Not to mention a moon low that is just about bright enough for walking in the dark and still seeing the ground.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a D25A Ti clicky in neutral flavor out of curiosity. Just want to know what makes it so good.

For me, it has the functionality of a full-sized 1xAA clicky (Quark AA, LD10, PA10, etc) but in a much smaller body usually reserved for mini twisties only. Then offer it with different emitters and tints to suit your tastes, wrap it in gorgeous Ti paper, and tie it off with a great McGizmo-style clip and put it on the market in the low $60s...

My nits, however, are direct drive on 14500s, thin flimsy O-rings, and PWM on moonlight below 1.3V.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought not only the D25A Ti, but the D25C Ti(the CR123 version). But I decided to order the warmer versions with the XM-L T6, and both were WAY too yellow, so I sold them both within 13 days of buying them on CPF Marketplace, and then re-bought a new D25C Ti in the XM-L U2 version, which has a nice neutral beam that isnt too yellow or blue.

I really like it. I was surprised at how much cheaper it is than the other 2 most popular Ti CR123 lights out there of the same basic size as the D25A and D25C. The Jetbeam and Sunwayman Ti lights are $180 and $168 respectively, whereas the D25A and D25C are only about $62 after the coupon! Thats 1/3 the price. I know the other 2 lights are thicker, and look a little nicer, but the D25A and C are great lights for the money! I love the UI, the modes etc.

But, it still hasnt taken the place of my EDC light(Jetbeam BC-10). Thats not necessarily because my current EDC light is better or anything, its just that my BC-10 is already scratched up to some degree, and I dont want to scratch up any other lights. It was only $38.90, and its a perfectly good light for my EDC needs, so why scratch or dent up any other lights unnecessarily?

Plus, there is one potential issue with the D25C. Titanium doesnt conduct heat very well, and on turbo it gets hot quickly! I havent let it run on turbo for a long time to test how hot it gets, but I can tell that it will get hot. But its great on all other settings, and I use low and medium most of the time anyway.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I really like it. I was surprised at how much cheaper it is than the other 2 most popular Ti CR123 lights out there of the same basic size as the D25A and D25C. The Jetbeam and Sunwayman Ti lights are $180 and $168 respectively, whereas the D25A and D25C are only about $62 after the coupon! Thats 1/3 the price. I know the other 2 lights are thicker, and look a little nicer, but the D25A and C are great lights for the money! I love the UI, the modes etc.

That's the reason I picked up all of their Ti lights (well, that and I collect the darn things). Unfortunately you do get what you pay for and the build quality as compared reflects the price. Having said that, it should certainly be on the shortlist for those looking for a "budget" Ti light!

shq_luvlights

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of buying the D25A clicky. It would be my first Titanium light and I love Eagletac's flashlight. I would want it to be beside my other set of keys. I read in other thread that the XPG2-R5 has a better lookin beam??? But from what I can read here most are very satisfied. The other thread were worried of the brass? Not really sure what's that but I think I'm gonna settle for this XML since they only sell this and usually only used for emergencies or light up the sidewalk. If I wanna do anything heavy duty I'll just my D25C mini or pull out my lil monster Fenix PD32 UE.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
but I think I'm gonna settle for this XML since they only sell this and

hi, i have both xml u2 cw (2012) and xp-g2 r5 cw (2013, new driver). both coolwhites. on 14500 the lumens output on xml is higher, you can see this in a white ceiling bounce but against a white wall or objects the xp-g2 looks brighter because it doesnt waste lumens into the spill as any xml does. in my opinion, the xp-g2 is the perfect emitter for lights with 1xEneloop or 1x14500: the light looks bright, has an intense beam, superb tint (not as pure white as Eagletac's xp-g s2 cw but tinted "creamish", and with clearly no greenishness or greenish-yellowishness!) leaning towards the neutralish side of cw, fantastic throw comparable to AA-lights with bigger reflectors.

anyone who's interested in this Titanium light should order both models (2013 xml cw or nw + 2013 xp-g2 cw), compare the beams, and then decide for 1, and return the other to the dealer.

i am gonna bet that most people who do this would eventually decide for the xp-g2 *after* the personal comparison. i luv mine.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say the neutral white XM-L D25A Titanium clicky was one of my favorites, that is until it decided to malfunction a couple of months into EDC. I don't really carry it on a daily basis, but more like a few days each time. All of a sudden it just stopped going to high output. Thought the battery was dead. Changed out a new battery and it works fine for a day or two before it went dim again. Checked my Energizer L91 battery and it showed 0.96 volt. This can't be since I only use it for a few minutes on both nights after changing out a new battery. I did another test with a new battery and the voltage went down to 1.32 volts after two days of non-usage. Sent it to Hong Kong for repair a couple of weeks prior to Christmas and has yet to hear from them.

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
anyone who's interested in this Titanium light should order both models (2013 xml cw or nw + 2013 xp-g2 cw), compare the beams, and then decide for 1, and return the other to the dealer.

For shame...then you have stuck a dealer with a light he can no longer sell as new!

TweakMDS

Enlightened
For shame...then you have stuck a dealer with a light he can no longer sell as new!

I agree, just get the XP-G2... They should have flashlight "showrooms", like they have dedicated places for high end audio, with various setups where you can view beam types :D

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thing is, the U2 on mine is more neutral than some of my others. And I'd highly recommend getting TiTi twister lube for your ET Ti's, esp twisties. Mine are as smooth as any of my old aluminum ones. Mines survived the washer a few times. And while not super easy, a modder like Vin could update it as needed I think as the top of the head comes off easy enough, then just remove the reflector and the emitter is right there.

Was hoping someone like KuKu or another would make ti trit parts for it like the sw v10r ti.

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
I've was just looking at the D25 clickies today and the titanium lights do interest me. Can anyone tell me is there anything I should know about titanium vs aluminium lights if... ah hell :grin2: when I buy the ti light?.

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've was just looking at the D25 clickies today and the titanium lights do interest me. Can anyone tell me is there anything I should know about titanium vs aluminium lights if... ah hell :grin2: when I buy the ti light?.

Basically, people buy the titanium because of its exclusivity, status, and appearance. It's the exotic light material.
The threads are usually more gritty because titanium tends to gall easily.
The light is a very slight amount heavier, because titanium is heavier than aluminum.
Aluminum cools faster than titanium too.
And typically, titanium will get scratched more easily than hard-anodized aluminum.

But regardless of any of the above, people want it because it's exotic and "special", and that's all that matters.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Polished titanium has a classy shiny exterior. It looks different from much more common anodized aluminum.
2. High grade titanium is generally stronger than the same volume of aluminum. A titanium light is probably less prone to being crushed or suffering other structural damage than the same light in aluminum.
3. Titanium on titanium threads tend to be much more gritty than aluminum threads.
4. The exterior of polished titanium is softer than anodization covering anodized aluminum, meaning that it will scratch easier. However, the scratches themselves are usually less visible because the scratch is the same color as the polished exterior of the light. In contrast, scratches on anodized aluminum aluminum are silvery in color and can be very visible on black anodization.
5. Titanium doesn't conduct heat as well as aluminum. This can be a problem in some very small high-powered lights. In that type of light, Aluminum is the better material from a heatsinking perspective.
6. Titanium is heavier than aluminum, but still lighter than steel.

Last edited:

shq_luvlights

Newly Enlightened

i am gonna bet that most people who do this would eventually decide for the xp-g2 *after* the personal comparison. i luv mine.

Like I said before the dealer that sells this in my country only offer the XML-U2 CW...so I dont really have a choice. Even other model of Eagletac are also limited. The only ones that I know is sold here is the D-series, one G series & one P series. As u can see it's a really small choice. The one famous brand is Fenix. Then they have all this models - new or old. I dont know why people really like Fenix. It did not blew me away. Anyways, it's more of preference.

Last edited:

HerecomestheBoom

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't find one of these with the neutral XM-L LED anywhere in the EU & opted for the D25C Ti clicky instead since cool white just doesn't work for me.

I do not regret moving to the CR123A format and am surprised how pocket-able it is, but I'm not too impressed with reliability so far, nor with Eagletac's customers service.

Kingfisher

Enlightened
Titanium has a great feel/look

Case2.jpg

knurl.jpg

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Nice photos. The fit and finish looks excellent. It looks as though ET improved the production over time, as there were earlier reports of issues (from titanium finishing to alignment of the clip). While it may be a bit behind the Sunwayman titanium models in terms of quality, I wonder if it's proportionate to price or less so (meaning is it 1/3rd the quality, or more like 1/2?).