EC60VN Neutral White Vs. Acebeam EC60 Cool White Video Review + Beam Shot Comparison

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Hi guys. I uploaded a video review so I'm back again to share it with the CPF community. My blabbering is maybe a 6.5 out of 10 and the beam shots are about a 9 out of 10. I did measure the EC60VN at 2150 lumens which is much higher than Vinh has posted on his store. However, my lux measurements were about 95K lux which is just a wee tad bit lower than Vinhs' posted specification. The EC60VN NW was easily visibly brighter than the stock EC60 CW and I think that comes through fairly well in the video as well. The tint on the EC60VN NW was more pleasant to my own eye but this is a subjective qualification. EC60VN can charge any 26650 battery. It does not need to be proprietary as with Olight's R50 Seeker.
. The EC60VN and EC60 are fairly close together with regard to thermal properties on turbo. The EC60VN only has a very slight increase in the rate with which it heats up. That being said, both of these lights will usually need to be manually stepped down after about two minutes on turbo so please be conscientious about heat when using the EC60 or EC60VN and don't use the light unattended.
. In the end I'm happy with the EC60VN, and for me the neutral white tint with the extra bump in lumens for only $15. more than retail EC60 is quite a pleasant improvement over the stock EC60 CW. Vinh's CW version of the light is bumped up with an extra 200 lumens and he is selling it for the same price as the stock EC60 at any current outlet; $120. shipped.
. Here's a link to my video guys and I've also embedded it on this page. Please give the video a thumbs up on the YouTube channel as it is indeed very much appreciated. Also, I do intend to improve my content in the future so if you subscribe then it's just a way to be aware when that media has been uploaded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBAiBEF8nZE

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Thanks for the review. You have me convinced that I need to pick one up. It's going to make a lot of my smaller lights obsolete.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review. The Neutral is much nicer looking. What Acebeam should be putting in the light in the first place. However, I think the light is too expensive. This is not a slam on Vihn, but Acebeam. $120 for a light with a so-so protected 26650 battery? :thumbsdow

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
@mjgsxr Thanks. I really like the EC60VN but I do wish it could run on turbo a little longer with regards to heat. A couple minutes is ok though. You really can't have everything with any one light.

Last edited:

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Thanks for the review. The Neutral is much nicer looking. What Acebeam should be putting in the light in the first place. However, I think the light is too expensive. This is not a slam on Vihn, but Acebeam. $120 for a light with a so-so protected 26650 battery? :thumbsdow
Thanks! Yeah, that's just kind of what flashlight manufacturers do.:shrug:

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
Awesome review thank you. Have been struggling deciding between EC60vn and R50vn for law enforcement but thanks to your review leaning towards EC60 [emoji106]

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Thanks. You've probably heard me say this before, but I'd say the EC60 has a better beam for police. There's no such thing as "one perfect light" so we weigh pluses and minuses and ultimately, purchases will have to weigh on the merit of our own research.

Capolini

Banned
Thanks for the review!

Do you know if the "VN" version has a [Turbo] step down? If so, when and is it thermal or timed?

I did not see that in your review,,,,,,,,,,,I could have missed it and I am going to watch it again!

I noticed in your post above that you said you wished it would run longer on turbo,,so that tells me it got too hot to hold quickly or it does have a step down?

Where I have a little advantage is I am getting a little more run time on turbo when I am using these outdoors compared to almost all the tests where the light is tail standing indoors.

I always do a run time test on max,,indoors/tail standing/no fan. That gives me an idea, not only in run time but how hot it gets. I can always add a few more minutes when I actually use it outside with my hand[added heat sink] and me walking[natures fan!]!

Edit: I just noticed that your OP stated that the light has to be turned down manually when it gets too hot! Kind of wish it had a thermal step down,but I like manual because my hands are conditioned to Vinh lights!

Last edited:

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
The stepdown should be the same for the VN and stock. EC60 steps down from turbo at five minutes which seams a bit absurd because, if say it accidentally comes on in the clothesbasket, the house will burn down before the light steps down.

That said, for us nonstandard retail consumers, that is flashaholics, it's less concerning to me because we are used to it as you alluded to. For me, three minutes was the absolute maximum I could keep it in the hand on turbo and it was about the same for both VN and standard. So, see if you can beat 3 minutes Capolini.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stepdown should be the same for the VN and stock. EC60 steps down from turbo at five minutes which seams a bit absurd because, if say it accidentally comes on in the clothesbasket, the house will burn down before the light steps down.
I'm sensing an idea for your next video. I'd suggest doing it in your driveway instead of the house and not using your wife's favorite basket or any clothes she cares about. :eek:oo:

markr6

Flashaholic
The Neutral is much nicer looking. What Acebeam should be putting in the light in the first place.

Exactly. Good looking neutral! That CW crap just makes me sick...I know I've only said it 1000 times now :)

Capolini

Banned

That said, for us nonstandard retail consumers, that is flashaholics, it's less concerning to me because we are used to it as you alluded to. For me, three minutes was the absolute maximum I could keep it in the hand on turbo and it was about the same for both VN and standard. So, see if you can beat 3 minutes Capolini.

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,

What was the output when it stepped down?

This was maukka's opinion about the step down,he also has a chart associated with it on the EC60vn thread.POST #218

"No timed step down, but looks like it could be a hybrid of temperature and voltage based."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 minutes is not absurd at all to me!

I will keep bumping it up until its too hold to hold. Passing 3 minutes will be a piece of cake for me! My hands are VINH MODDED LIGHT CONDITIONED! :twothumbs

I would suspect my TX25C2vn and SDMiniVN get a lot hotter being that they are smaller lights.I am able to use those for about 7 to 8 minutes in the summer time.Actually what I do is I use one and then switch to the other and repeat it until the primary torch gets its turn!

Heat is NOT an issue with any of my modded lights in the winter time...this one will be no different.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Exactly. Good looking neutral! That CW crap just makes me sick...I know I've only said it 1000 times now :)

+1..........I transitioned a few years ago!! I knew nothing else in the beginning of my hobby. Now cool white bothers my eyes and reminds me of a spot light,too white!

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Thanks,,,,,,,,,,

What was the output when it stepped down?

This was maukka's opinion about the step down,he also has a chart associated with it on the EC60vn thread.POST #218

"No timed step down, but looks like it could be a hybrid of temperature and voltage based."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 minutes is not absurd at all to me!

I will keep bumping it up until its too hold to hold. Passing 3 minutes will be a piece of cake for me! My hands are VINH MODDED LIGHT CONDITIONED! :twothumbs

I would suspect my TX25C2vn and SDMiniVN get a lot hotter being that they are smaller lights.I am able to use those for about 7 to 8 minutes in the summer time.Actually what I do is I use one and then switch to the other and repeat it until the primary torch gets its turn!

Heat is NOT an issue with any of my modded lights in the winter time...this one will be no different.
I read about the 5 minute thing in some Acebeam literature another forum member directed me to which is not out with the standardized literature released to retailers. "Stepdown after 5 minutes of continuous running on turbo" But with Maukkas info it's now a bit of a mixed consensus. So what I really need to do is put that sucker on a fan, wait 5 minutes and see. Yeah, for me it's a bit of a non issue as well though.

There are a lot of lights that get hotter than the EC60 I'm sure. However, I will be interested to see how well it holds up against VINH MODDED LIGHT CONDITIONED hands.:crackup: lol

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I started saying the same thing recently. And I've decided to keep on saying it until I've said it more times than you markr6. So you better just keep on saying it. lol

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
+1..........I transitioned a few years ago!! I knew nothing else in the beginning of my hobby. Now cool white bothers my eyes and reminds me of a spot light,too white!
+2 Cool white gives me a bit of a headache. It seems to reflect harder off of surfaces and that reflected light hits me in the head like a hammer.