EDC / bike light on one 18650

Artem

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I am turning to your collective wisdom with this question. I am looking for everyday carry (i.e. something not as bulky as TK35) which runs on a single 18650.

It would be also nice if it has got a in-built protection for over-discharge, since I have lots of unprotected 18650 laying around.

Thanks!

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Solarforce L2 with the Trustfire 3 mode XM-L dropin, which comes with two reflectors. The orange peel gives a ton of flood along witha big hotspot.

Artem

Newly Enlightened
TooManyGizmos, thanks!

I wish he had a neutral light version of s-mini, though!

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive tried mounting some of my lights on handlebars. some insights:

1) wide floody beam is good. lets u see the curve you're turning into. a light such as a fenix PD31, which isn't even a thrower, doesn't do very well

2) undervoltage protection or protection circuits can turn off your light suddenly without warning. this can't be good while going downhill fast

3) mounting the light to your helmet draws insects to your head and face

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Last edited:

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
It might be a bit big, but I just got the thrunite scorpion V2 with turbo head. Excellent beam for bike riding, jungle riding and fits great in the fenix mounts. More power than the average car headlight...

S1LVA

Enlightened
The triples from Oveready are nice and floody and they're available in neutral. A bit on the expensive side for most, but you can drop them into most 1x18650 P60 hosts. For me, I chose a bored C2. I also picked up some protected batteries to stay safe. It's a powerful EDC with 3 modes and good runtime on high for its size/power. I carry it most places.

After reading this thread, I want to mount it to my bike!

Good luck on the search.
S1LVA

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I use a UniqueFire SSC-P7 M2 1 mode that I bought off dinodirect.com for about $25 USD shipped. Rated at 900 lumens. I press it into a V4 bicycle mount that I got off eBay for around $5. I ride my bicycle to and from work over 240x a year. I like this light. I think "dino5off" still works to save you 5%...

Artem

Newly Enlightened
Thank a lot JohnnyBravo, although it does not look like it has got built-in overdischarge protection.