EDC for 2023

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've been carrying a EagTac D25aTi for 2 or 3 years now. Before that I used to carry bigger, thicker, more powerful flashlights like Zebralights.

I'm looking for something even more comfortable to carry with at least the output of my neutral color EagTac D25A w 219a led. Perhaps something flat and rechargeable? Thanks!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Nice to hear from you. It's been a while.

I use my EDC every day, usually for about 5 minutes at a time, rarely more than 10 minutes, maybe two or three times a day.

I don't mind recharging once a week. I wouldn't like recharging every day. USB C would be the most convenient charging method since I use USB C to charge my phone in the car.

I prefer neutral color.

I like the light to turn on at a useful level for a lit room so maybe 100 lumens. I like a high power that the light can maintain for 10 minutes without overheating.

It's important the light can't easily turn itself on in my pocket.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, when a member of-many-years posts again, one gets a certain feeling when seeing their name. Respect is what results seeing you back.

Similar to your EDC lighting needs, I have been using the Nitecore TIP Hi CRI for a long time. Given that all their switch covers are in various states of worn out, thought I'd try a RovyVon.

Being such a little round thing, with a little round switch, it may be an issue but it's ok for me. Lockout is a sometimes thing on this unit, but accidental activation has only happened once in over a month. We lead a somewhat rugged lifestyle.

I carry it attached to a belt loop on an ITW Grimloc (cut down button) and set to low mode (must press twice for it to stay on. Press and hold for momentary maximum, which is how I most often use it anyways, only needing light for a couple seconds)

Hopefully another member has more grasp of the latest/greatest, but the RovyVon works here.

Latest posts